300rag's 69 Monaco 500 started

Any paint left on the oil pan? Is the engine original to the car or maybe was rebuilt? Not all shops were real religious about what colour they painted their rebuilds.

I had a 69 Belvedere and the 318 was red.

I've not heard about the late production thing. I was always under the impression that they were red up to 69 and changed for the 70 model year.

Kevin

Any paint left on the oil pan? Is the engine original to the car or maybe was rebuilt? Not all shops were real religious about what colour they painted their rebuilds.

I had a 69 Belvedere and the 318 was red.

I've not heard about the late production thing. I was always under the impression that they were red up to 69 and changed for the 70 model year.

Kevin
Oil pan appears to be turquoise or faded blue.

"Hemi Orange" :poke:

At least you won't be the only guy with the wrong color at a Mopar show:rolleyes:
I could, if I tell them it's a police version:D. Besides I already have one incorrect one.

motor 032.jpg

It may not get the critter seal of approval, but it's close enough for me. All new hoses, belts, water pump, thermostat, heater hose support bracket, and wires. Rad flushed, cleaned and painted. Clean up and painting of fan, brackets and pulleys. New ground cable, too. Rad cap, fuel filter and line still to go.

Before

upload_2017-7-17_18-27-27.jpeg

After

20170717_173524.jpg

20170717_173445.jpg

Now that the glass is in my possession, I can start working around the windshield and not worry if I chip or break it. New trim clips for the windshield and back glass mouldings should be here next week, too.

20170721_135113.jpg

20170721_135412.jpg

As it should be, Fred. Otherwise we'd be Chevy n Ford guys.
And it's not the Chevys and Fords in themselves. It's the people who gravitate towards them.
There's a Chevy and/or a Ford I would cherish as part of my stable.

As it should be, Fred. Otherwise we'd be Chevy n Ford guys.
And it's not the Chevys and Fords in themselves. It's the people who gravitate towards them.
There's a Chevy and/or a Ford I would cherish as part of my stable.
You must be speaking of those who would like to do things the easy way and have a little club in town for their exact year and model...

Lots of other cars I like and would be willing to own... but to buy a car that will have 4 others in the same color at any given show would be more boring.

I also checked the Legendary catalogue and found no seat covers for a 69 Monaco, but since this is a Canadian car, it has the Sport Fury interior which is listed...bonus!

Back