300rag's 69 Monaco 500 started

The modern pearl paints on older cars just don't work. Stop looking at just the color and invision the finished car. That color won't stand up to B3, and an expensive mistake.

The color is not unapropiate.

002.jpg

20170506_161127-large-jpg.123911

While sleeping last night I had one of those "you dumbass" moments. Some times you get caught up in an idea, and you don't think it through. I don't want to make this into another 2 year+ project (I'm not as fast and ambitious as Zac and Critter). What popped into my head in the middle of the night is that I don't want to blow the whole car apart to do a colour change (once is enough), so as much as I prefer the new colour, I will most likely stay with the B3. The roof will still be painted. I am still debating on B3 with no molding, or white (maybe even the PB6) with the molding. Only time will tell.

While sleeping last night I had one of those "you dumbass" moments. Some times you get caught up in an idea, and you don't think it through. I don't want to make this into another 2 year+ project (I'm not as fast and ambitious as Zac and Critter). What popped into my head in the middle of the night is that I don't want to blow the whole car apart to do a colour change (once is enough), so as much as I prefer the new colour, I will most likely stay with the B3. The roof will still be painted. I am still debating on B3 with no molding, or white (maybe even the PB6) with the molding. Only time will tell.

I wasn't worried...I knew you'd get there..:)

One step forward

upload_2017-5-8_16-16-36.jpeg

20170506_160006 (Large).jpg

Two steps back. You can really see the amount of fading on the paint. The spray-out is almost identical to the wagon.

20170508_160119.jpg

20170508_160204.jpg

upload_2017-5-8_16-14-1.jpeg

20170508_160119.jpg

I get sidetracked real easy. Since I had to take the grille out to finish the fender and hood alignment, I decided to get way ahead of myself today and spruce it up a bit. I realize that it should be light argent, but I decided to go with the dark. I also lowered the Monaco script by one square in the mesh.

20170512_132447_HDR.jpg

20170512_132517-1.jpg

Last edited:
I get sidetracked real easy. Since I had to take the grille out to finish the fender and hood alignment, I decided to get way ahead of myself today and spruce it up a bit. I realize that it should be light argent, but I decided to go with the dark. I also lowered the Monaco script by one square in the mesh.

View attachment 124467

View attachment 124489
I like it, but the purists are planning a "blanket party"...:poke::lol:

I did a such a beautiful job on the valve cover, but I don't know what I was thinking. It's supposed to be turquoise, not corporate blue. Got to get me some and redo it. Good thing I only did one. It's just laying there to cover up the rockers, I didn't paint it there.
20170619_150750.jpg

20170619_150802.jpg

I did find a good use for the Corporate Blue though....

20170619_172414_HDR.jpg

I did a such a beautiful job on the valve cover, but I don't know what I was thinking. It's supposed to be turquoise, not corporate blue. Got to get me some and redo it. Good thing I only did one. It's just laying there to cover up the rockers, I didn't paint it there.
View attachment 129215

View attachment 129216

I did find a good use for the Corporate Blue though....

View attachment 129217

Is that an American car?

A Canadian production model would have a red engine AFAIK.

Kevin

Is that an American car?

A Canadian production model would have a red engine AFAIK.

Kevin
Quit trying to confuse me:BangHead:. It's a Windsor car. I have not seen any indication that this engine has any red showing anywhere. There is some turquoise...valve covers , intake, brackets. The heads are a dark blue, like the Ford blue. I have seen differing opinions regarding he correct colour. Some say that later 69 production (as this one is) was blue, others that all 69 318s were red. I'm just going by the paint remnants. Maybe it is supposed to be blue....or maybe red....or maybe ?? I need a three-sided coin, dammit!

Last edited:
Back