300rag's 69 Monaco 500 started

Let me rephrase that - does it have a urethane seal or something else that seals the glass in or just adhesive??
Just a lot of black goop from what I can tell. It actually looked like there was a two-sided black rubberized sticky tape of some sort holding the glass down, and then surrounded with urethane to keep the moisture out.

The clips arrived and appear to match the originals.

20170728_195046.jpg

Now to find the clips for the moulding that divides the roof from the quarter that fits these holes. The spring wire on the clips broke off.

20170728_102108.jpg

20170728_102436.jpg

I'm going to try a body shop supply place next trip in to the big city. There is also a parts place that may have something A or B body that works.
They look like this
View attachment 136034

and have to fit into this

View attachment 136035
Those should be common enough to find... auveco, clips and fasteners (who sells lots of auveco), etc...

Checked dad's old stuff and none really match your needs, sorry. Worth a look though.....

Checked dad's old stuff and none really match your needs, sorry. Worth a look though.....

Thanks. What has me a bit confused is that 1/2 the fasteners are these screws that the moulding just snaps over the head. Seems odd that a random set were the t-clips.

20170730_203418.jpg

I'm guessing the t clips are oem and those are replacement clips installed sometime during the car's lifetime.

Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

The screws have to be OEM since there are no 1/4" holes at those locations, just the small hole for the sheet metal screw. Possibly access to the underside of the locations dictated the locations the t-clips could be used. Still would make more sense to have them all the same. There are 7 of each style. When tightened down they are off the sheet metal so the trim clips on. Here's a better view.

20170730_203350.jpg

Well, it's been 18 months and not much has been done. It's time to cut the old girl loose and let her get some lovin'. Mr @Tobias74 is taking her on, and within hours of the deal he has already ordered the new roof. I'll be watching the progress.

Well, it's been 18 months and not much has been done. It's time to cut the old girl loose and let her get some lovin'. Mr @Tobias74 is taking her on, and within hours of the deal he has already ordered the new roof. I'll be watching the progress.
Is a good thing that you will only live max 5min away from my place soon , that you can watch the progress closely.

Back