383 timing set question

They were also at 12 and 12... precisely why I'm confused!

Again turn the crankshaft 1 turn the cam will turn a 1/2 turn not the cam do is at 6 the crank again will be at 12. As mentioned it all depends on where dist goes in whether it 180°out or in time.

Again turn the crankshaft 1 turn the cam will turn a 1/2 turn not the cam do is at 6 the crank again will be at 12. As mentioned it all depends on where dist goes in whether it 180°out or in time.
Ah ok. So basically it's all the same ****, just be sure the dist goes in pointed at the #1 terminal..

Ah ok. So basically it's all the same ****, just be sure the dist goes in pointed at the #1 terminal..
When the piston is almost to the top with the exhaust valve closed as it's coming up. You were just over thinking it. Carry on

When the piston is almost to the top with the exhaust valve closed as it's coming up. You were just over thinking it. Carry on
That's what I'm thinking... just need a brother to confirm! It's funny, my dad always hangs out when I'm doing this stuff but he's lost all confidence in himself even though he's the dude who taught me this stuff in the first place. When stuff like this comes up he gets really nervous... which, in turn, makes me think I'm screwing up.
Thanks man!

Back