3rd Annual Midwest C Body Car Show

snoopy.gif

Look at the bright side, winter will be gone in 55 days.

If
4_28_19 snow.jpg

The registrations coming in from this site has slowed down considerably, with only 2 new attendees in the past month.
Have we reached the total audience here? I think not.
There's been a number of local and nearby new members joining FCBO who can have the opportunity to meet others from this forum at the show in June. Members and participants who share the same interests in C bodies and who attend the events like these, is what will keep our hobby going.
As in last year, would someone like to volunteer posting the show registration forms/link on Facebook? (I'm not on there) We'll probably get a few more folks joining us at Volo, just as they have in the previous years.
I hesitate to say, but I think we already have the largest C body only gathering in the country, with even more makes and models showing up this year over last. Lets keep the trend going by breaking our annual record.

Look at the bright side, winter will be gone in 55 days.

D00d.. Lemme help you out here some...
Winter is over... Ka-put... As of Wednesday, March 20, 5:58 P.M. EDT...
Summer will start at Friday, June 21, 11:54 A.M. EDT....
So that gives you a couple days of summer to get off yer *** and git yer car ready for this show.... !!! :p:poke::p

Six weeks from now will be crunch time for the 3rd Annual C Body Show at Volo.
If time allows to break off from the show for a while, a tour of their museum is worth checking out.
This Daytona is a new arrival and might still be there on 6/22 unless somebody with deep pockets comes along.
1969 Dodge Daytona | Volo Auto Museum
1969-dodge-daytona.jpg

Six weeks from now will be crunch time for the 3rd Annual C Body Show at Volo.
If time allows to break off from the show for a while, a tour of their museum is worth checking out.
This Daytona is a new arrival and might still be there on 6/22 unless somebody with deep pockets comes along.
1969 Dodge Daytona | Volo Auto Museum
View attachment 283911
I still have my token from last year! The museum is worth a walk through, plenty to stop and look at. I know I took a ton of pictures last year. I work the next three weeks, then have a week off to get the car ready for the pre-trip shakedowns to the first Mopars in the Park show I get to attend this year! Then on to Illinois three weeks later, plenty of time to get a car squared away. The '68 is coming this year, as it's the most roadworthy right now. I might even steal the tires off the black car... :lol:

The '68 is coming this year, as it's the most roadworthy right now

Scott, the 68 is shaping up nicely. Looking forward to seeing it in June. BTW, I liked the pic you posted with the tail lights lit up. I didn't even know when the lights are illuminated, the entire back end lights up. There's going to be a few other Polara's like yours, including the special build by Joe, that's supposed to make the event this year.
Earlier today I went to NAPA to pick up some WIX oil filters, and as I pulled in, this 72 Newport was in the parking lot.
I talked to the new owner Jerry for a bit, who picked up the Newport 1 town over recently, and invited him to our C Body event on 6/22.
Before I left NAPA I helped him find FCBO on his phone, and directed him to this link, and the registration form to sign up. Hope to see him there with the rest of us.
I'm going to have to print out some flyers, and keep them in my car just in case I run into another C body when I'm out and about, or for when I go to cruise nights/car shows.
For those who have yet to register, send in your form or go to the link in the 1st thread. It's pretty easy. :thumbsup:
Pic's of Jerry's car:
72 Newport 1.jpg
72 Newport 2.jpg

I'm going to have to print out some flyers, and keep them in my car just in case I run into another C body when I'm out and about, or for when I go to cruise nights/car shows.
You haven't been doing that? :poke:

C4ZSTz5WEAE2l_c.jpg

Finally got myself and the Imp registered for the show!
upload_2019-5-16_21-25-17.jpeg

I have a friend who is not on FCBO that has a ‘69 300 convertible, I am going to ask him if he is interested in going also

My friends car:
upload_2019-5-16_21-11-39.jpeg

Last edited:
Hampton Inn McHenry $90
1555 State Rte 31, McHenry, IL 60050•
(815) 578-1900
Hampton Inn McHenry, IL Hotel with Free Breakfast

Super 8 by Wyndham McHenry $80
110 State Rte 31, McHenry, IL 60050•
(815) 344-9200
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super...D=LC:SE::GGL:RIO:National:08611&iata=00065402

Both of the above are about 6 miles from the Volo event ...
It will take almost five minutes to get to the meet from either...
There is a McDonalds right by the Super 8
and the Hampton has a nice restaurant next door...

Back