8th Annual C Body Show - June 22nd

sixpkrt

Reaction score
1710630244406.png

I'd like to welcome all the loyal C Body fans to the 8th Annual C Body Show this year to a full day of fun and camaraderie among all C Body enthusiasts. This year we will be returning to the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, Illinois, on June 22nd.

Illinois Railway Museum · 7000 Olson Rd, Union, IL 60180

To register for the show, capture the QR code on your smartphone camera, and all the registration details to be completed for your registration will appear.

The Illinois Railway Museum is a terrific place to visit if you'd like to get a glimpse of the vehicles of transportation of a past gone era. The many acres of property include huge barns, housing trains and streetcars, buses and railway equipment, etc., that have been used over the last century. Many pieces of the equipment still operate on their private railroad track. The volunteers who help make this location a welcoming venue to our annual event are committed to making our show a success in 2024.

The entrance fee this year is $25 and will be collected at the gate of the museum before entering the grounds. The fee is for each classic car that enters the show, regardless whether you arrive with 1 or 6 people in your classic vehicle. All proceeds go directly to the IRM.
In addition, all registered attendees will be provided a food coupon when you sign in at the show that you can redeem in the IRM restaurant for a choice of several optional meals that have been arranged.

I have enjoyed putting this show on every year and have developed many good friendships over the years while doing this event, but 2024 will be my last one I will be sponsoring in Illinois, because I will be busy finalizing plans in 2025 with my move and moving my business to the new state of Tennessee. Once I get settled in the new location, I'll weigh the choices and locations to pick this annual show back up for 2026.
The only reason I mention this is because there have been many members over the years who wanted to attend this annual event but had to put it off for next year due to any number of circumstances, so I hope you all can make the show in 2024, along with all the returning C Body attendees who have made it to the shows in the past.

Let's make this show the best one ever.
Tim

Edit:
I forgot to mention in the initial post that the Chicagoland Mopar Club will be doing their car show in Fox Lake on Sunday, June 23rd. So just like every past show, I've planned this year to coincide with their event for it be a 2-day weekend of Mopar car shows for anyone traveling long distances.

Last edited:
Just tell the rock eaters they can have another bite while you're out of the office.
More $$$ when you return.
Sure like to see your fleet before I leave illinoisy.

Almost like a swan song of events regarding location.
At least for me anyways.
Why?
Tim and I talked about his move and it is a wise move for him yet bittersweet for me..
First, a little back story and then to the point.
I did the trip to Illinois 3 times from Canada.
Each trip different C body.
Not many can say they did that.
And got there same day between 14- 16 hours ( Friday,day before show)
752 miles one way.
I make the trip worthwile as I stay on Sunday to go to the Mopars at the Lake show.
Then drive all day Monday to get home.
Gas, hotel, and some food cost 1000.00
I love the travel, the destination, and most of all THE PEOPLE.
So I know what to plan and what to expect regarding travel.

Not knowing where Tim will end up in Tennessee, I may not be able to drive down there and back within the same time frame.
Also June is HOT in Tennessee and I am not sure if my body or my cars can tolerate it and overheating is inevitable.
Personally, for this summer there are a few irons in the fire for me.
I Have a garage to build, and in April I will know if I start a new job.
THis years show is up in the air for me but will know after April.
If I go this year, the Boab will be going.
After all thjs car started it all for me and this show.

IMG_3793.jpeg

Ya know Lea, the plan has been in play for a while, but before making the big jump on leaving IL, there's so much more to do between now and next year.
You've put more miles on your cars than anybody else coming to the shows over the years, and that will be a difficult record to break. It'll be good to see the Boab one more time.
Most of all, You get it. It's not about who has the fanciest car, or 1 of (fill in the blank) ride, it's about the people, and getting to know and meet the folks we message on these forum boards every day.
I hope you find a way make it this year and ask some of you pals up there in the north to caravan down to Illinois with you.

I forgot to mention in the initial post that the Chicagoland Mopar Club will be doing their car show in Fox Lake on Sunday, June 23rd. So just like every past show, I've planned this year to coincide with their event for it be a 2-day weekend of Mopar car shows for anyone traveling long distances.

On present work plans, it looks like I'll be able to make it. Thank you for organizing it!

I just registered for the show. I was there for the first one, wouldn't miss the last get together. I plan to bring the Hurst 300.

DSC01109.JPG

Last edited:
Man, wished I trusted the Imperial that distance. Sounds and looks like a good time.
Some other members are driving in from Minnesota, maybe you can try and hitch a ride. Alternatively, roundtrip airfares from MSP to ORD are less than the cost of gas, and I am happy to pick you up at O'Hare and drop you off back at the airport afterwards. Just give me a heads up.

Man, wished I trusted the Imperial that distance. Sounds and looks like a good time.
Just go. That's what I did the first year, when I wasn't sure if the Polara was going to get me there or not. I haven't looked back and love taking my wrecks on drives across the country.

We can swap over to a carburator before we leave to remove any doubts!

:lol:

Just registered. I sure hope all the stars align this year for us to make it this year finally. At least for the last hoorah! Safe travels everyone.

Hope to be ready by then. New interior is going in soon. Then it needs a little body work. Will register soon.

Just go. That's what I did the first year, when I wasn't sure if the Polara was going to get me there or not. I haven't looked back and love taking my wrecks on drives across the country.

We can swap over to a carburator before we leave to remove any doubts!

:lol:
I'm thinking about it. So far that weekend is free. If I did the C-body show and actually make Mopars In The Park, I'd be putting nearly a year's worth of miles on in one month.
A new local truck group is having a rally at the fairgrounds the same day. Not into the whole "rolling coal and burnouts" thing. The small town local show that's normally on the same weekend moved to the 29th.

As for the Imperial, it runs a whole lot better after the cats got cutout. But there's time to check on the small things.

Last edited:
Back