4 door C bodies for sale in the Midwest.

Reaction score
Seriously I just wasted half a day driving 6 hours to check out a 72 Newport for 10k.

I seriously wouldn’t give this guy 2k for it.

too many issues to list, but what goes on in people’s heads? If you listing it for 10k(was actually posted first at 11.5k) I would assume this car looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

This past weekend I looked at another one for 11.5k, this one is in great shape but again, for that price it better be looking like it rolled of the new car lot. Paint job was shot due to someone trying to wheel it out, burn marks everywhere and all the chrome was faded or scrapped up including some of the trim(from pulling out of garage).

both of these cars have been for sale for long periods of time too.

I want a new toy but I’m not overspending. Are these sellers watching to much Barret Jackson, do they actually look to see what prices are at in the market? I feel like they just arbitrarily pick a value and put it up for sale.

You just need to keep looking. It would be a pretty rare 4dr Newport from the '70's to bring much over $3K-$5k in #3 condition. There are a lot of dreamers and flippers out there who do not know the market or the cars. Sooner or later one that meets your expectations will show up. If the seller is listing a car with a "blue sky" price (ie $10k), they are usually a dreamer, so do not waste your time

Dave

You just need to keep looking. It would be a pretty rare 4dr Newport from the '70's to bring much over $3K-$5k in #3 condition. There are a lot of dreamers and flippers out there who do not know the market or the cars. Sooner or later one that meets your expectations will show up. If the seller is listing a car with a "blue sky" price (ie $10k), they are usually a dreamer, so do not waste your time

Dave

good advice. Appreciate it.

good advice. Appreciate it.

Not sure which Bellevelle you are at, Ill or NJ, but both are in the rust belt. Watch the market for Southern or West Coast cars as the tend to have minimal rust and do not usually carry a premium price. Rust free cars in the rust belt usually have a higher value than in other parts of the country.

Dave

For Sale - 1972 Newport sedan in Ohio (GB1 light blue; 23k miles claimed)

this was the one today I was talking about. I didn’t see this till now. I agree that it is 123k and not 23k

engine, engine bay and trunk all looked like they sat at the bottom of an ocean.
Heater core bypassed
Headliner tore up
Chrome was pitted
Wiring on engine was all hacked up
Twine holding battery down
Mystery fluid leaking by rear End
Definitely a repaint too

Other than an Imperial a 4dr doesn’t interest me unless, .........unless.... it were a very clean loaded C that reminded me of one of Dad’s company cars in the 60s early 70s.

Well for me having a four door would be easier with my family and (theoretically) be cheaper. But yea I get it.

if I wanted to spend 20-30k it will be on a 66 Chevelle SS

In the end they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Keep looking, the right one will come along at the right price.

On a side note, this type of thing is not confined to classic car market. I've recently been looking for a used car to keep at a Condo in SW Florida, (the first used car I've looked for besides my Fury in a long time), and can't believe the amount of money people want for things. WAY over book values, 200k+, sometimes over 300k miles, overall bad condition, dash lit up like a Christmas tree from all the warning lights. And some of the adds, only one or two pictures, and those look like they're taken from across a street, pictures upside down or sideways, and jeez, if you're looking to sell a car, don't you at LEAST want to clean the garbage out of it? That's my rant.

In the end they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Keep looking, the right one will come along at the right price.

On a side note, this type of thing is not confined to classic car market. I've recently been looking for a used car to keep at a Condo in SW Florida, (the first used car I've looked for besides my Fury in a long time), and can't believe the amount of money people want for things. WAY over book values, 200k+, sometimes over 300k miles, overall bad condition, dash lit up like a Christmas tree from all the warning lights. And some of the adds, only one or two pictures, and those look like they're taken from across a street, pictures upside down or sideways, and jeez, if you're looking to sell a car, don't you at LEAST want to clean the garbage out of it? That's my rant.

Yep, another one that is driving me up is the junk yard LS engines are going through the roof in price now too.

Well for me having a four door would be easier with my family and (theoretically) be cheaper. But yea I get it.

if I wanted to spend 20-30k it will be on a 66 Chevelle SS

Don’t get me wrong.
My pickiness, if you will, is due to my limited space for additional cars.
Though a nice black 300 with 8 track is definitely an interesting car.
Nothing wrong with a 383. Perhaps not the original engine but they were the std engine.
I’m with Matt. Put some wheels on it and enjoy the ride.

Back