426 Hemi in a C ?

chrisnben

Reaction score
Sooooo, I'm thinking of putting my 528 Hemi in my 70 Fury (why not?). Schumacher makes the conversion mounts, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with fitting headers. The guy at TTI thought I had two heads :wtf:when I asked what "might" work, as they don't want to even try. It might be fab city to make it happen. Otherwise, I'm stuck putting manifolds on at the lovely cost of $900 as well and choking up the 650 HP beast. :BangHead:

Been done. One hell of a car. It doesn't mean there shouldn't be more though!

1970 Plymouth Fury 472 Hemi - Mopar Muscle Magazine

mopp_0602_03z-1970_plymouth_fury-engine.jpg

Last edited:
Butch ' s car is nicely, scratch that, amazingly done. He had at least one other Fury. What happened to him ? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Butch ' s car is nicely, scratch that, amazingly done. He had at least one other Fury. What happened to him ? Anyone know?

I was wondering the same thing... I remember him being around on the Dock, and I think over at Moparfins, but the Dock is super slow and I haven't been to 'fins in forever. Hope he's doing well.

I spoke with Butch today after reading the '06 Mopar Muscle article on his 70 Fury (above). Turns out he had a hand in my Hemi!! Installing it when it was in my Belvedere A990 clone. Ya see, I purchased the car about 10 miles from his place in Kentucky from a friend of his that had passed away. As I'm talking with him, I asked, "Do you remember a certain 65 Belvedere with a Hemi over by your place"... he says, Yes, I helped install the hemi and know all about it!

This is pretty amazing! I call a guy out of the blue, and he knows my engine, everything in it and has the same exact car (Fury) as I have and no less with a Hemi in it. Down to the same color and Gran Coupe!

Life is strange fellas, and us Mopar nuts seem to find each other somehow! On a little less uplifting note, ol Butch has recently had his health go sour and can not drive any of his beloved Mopars anymore. He mentioned he can hardly walk, etc. This is a sad thing guys. I told him, as we promised to keep in touch by email, if I could help out in any way just to ask. He doesn't feel up to going on the forums anymore, as it's pretty sad not to be engaged in the hobby without being able to be part of it.

Very sad news, my heart goes out to him.

I'm glad to hear you were able to talk with him, though. I'm sure hearing from someone doing the same fun project he did brightened his day. Thanks for sharing!

Clair

Back