440 six pack question.

Newp

Reaction score
Anyone know the measurement from the valley pan to top of the air filter housing?

I don't think the hood will close on a 1978 Newport with a 6 pack without mods to the hood and some sort of hood scoop or a shaker. It won't close on my NY'er either. LOL! Let me know how close it will be or won't be...

I don't think the hood will close on a 1978 Newport with a 6 pack without mods to the hood and some sort of hood scoop or a shaker. It won't close on my NY'er either. LOL! Let me know how close it will be or won't be...

LOL.. It's not for the Newport.. Although it would look interesting with the Lean Burn box screwed to the filter housing.

I bet there's one of those at the Lean Burn Technologies Test Center. LOL!

LOL.. It's not for the Newport.. Although it would look interesting with the Lean Burn box screwed to the filter housing.

It's worth it to mock one up just to post in on Moparts and watch all hell break loose.

< Sent from my tablet >

If you can wait for a week or two I can measure it for you. My carbs are out getting reconditioned and ready to be put back in my 300 vert.

I'll measure mine tomorrow, you want from valley pan to top of air cleaner.

Yes.. Thanks. Aren't the wing nuts ''kind of'' recessed in the lid? I figure if I add an inch'ish for them to your measurement, I'll have a pretty good idea.

I got 11" from the valley pan rail (bolt rail across front of block) to the highest point of the air cleaner lid

Thanks for the info.:beerchug:

Sorry for the slow response .

That is tall. Need a hood scoop for that application. What car is getting the 6 pack?

Back