'61 DeSoto 2 door hardtop

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I never saw one in this way before.
It stole my heart. I hafta, hafta, hafta get one in my next life. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

tumblr_mvpv5nGQet1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

Think of it this way: it's an absolutely unique Chrysler that no one has ever seen before. Basically, the world's rarest '61 Chrysler.

Last edited:
Outstanding example of those cars. I was only 8 years old when I saw my first Forward Look car. I never had a chance in life to not work for Chrysler. What a history of excellence in design they have had over the years. :)

Is there a link to this car in a listing for sale or something Stan, or was it a photo that you just happened to run across?

Outstanding example of those cars. I was only 8 years old when I saw my first Forward Look car. I never had a chance in life to not work for Chrysler. What a history of excellence in design they have had over the years. :)

Is there a link to this car in a listing for sale or something Stan, or was it a photo that you just happened to run across?
I do crazy things sometimes. I was playing "Stump Google " with Google images and searched for:
1961 desoto hardtop
and * P * O * O * F *
My eyeballs fell out.

1961_DeSoto_Adventurer_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Wow... and sold for $14k???

I like that a bunch, but if I ever went for a forward look it would have to be as close to a 300F as I could afford. Oh, wait... this IS as close to a 300F as I could afford.

I love it from the back and sides but think it's just ok from the front. It looks to be in Amazing condition!

Here is my '60 Desoto and '79 Trail Duster I had back in '80. Miss them both! Sorry about the picture quality. Its a scan from a Polaroid no less. hahaha
60 DeSoto.jpg

You mean like ONLY on the '61 Wagon AND the '61 DeSoto? I've got ah Car-Bud in Ann Arbor, Mi. with ah '61 DeSoto 2 door HT. We used to park next to each other at local car showz on the west side and just enjoy the comments and picture takerz, lol.

You mean like ONLY on the '61 Wagon AND the '61 DeSoto? I've got ah Car-Bud in Ann Arbor, Mi. with ah '61 DeSoto 2 door HT. We used to park next to each other at local car showz on the west side and just enjoy the comments and picture takerz, lol.

Yes, but I like the 61 DeSoto lights better than the 60 Chrysler and 61 Wagon. Not that I would refuse a Chrysler because I like the DeSoto lights a bit more:thumbsup:

'60 + '61 Chrysler wagons tail lite lenses are the same. Chryslers for 1960 are different lenses then the wagons for both years. Carz mount from inside the trunk, Wagonz mount from the outside.(no access from inside the quarter panels for the wagons) Not sure if there were ANY DeSoto wagons produced in '60 or '61(never seen one) but I'd expect the same issue if there were, Jer

Here's one I've been lusting over

746029-0-lg.jpg

1960 Desoto Fireflight Cadillac Michigan - FossilCars.com

I prefer the 60 over the 61 but I'd take either in a heartbeat!

I tend to prefer the 1960 models as well. The tail lights on the 1961 models looked a little strange to me and the grille also seemed like an afterthought. The 1960s just seemed cleaner. This looks like a very nice example, but I wonder why they didn't take it to the finish line by installing an original interior (seats and doorpanels are not original). That would have really made it great.

Back