61 fury convertible in a tv show

sb61fury

Reaction score
I will bet no one can tell me were I seen this car and it was used in a tv show that was filmed in Chicago back in the 1980s and it took place back in 1963. 1 of the stars used to be a Chicago police officer and that is the only clues I am giving you

WP_20161223_009.jpg

WP_20161223_007.jpg

Crime story?
I think so. That show started out in Chicago starring Dennis Farina. One of my fav charactor actors. They drove around in a '57 300 conv at first as they fought Organized Crime. I believe the show moved to Las Vegas and the '61 Plymouth was used.

I wonder if the '61 fury convertible used in the show is still around today. If it lived out west all its life it will not get that car cancer out there

I wonder if the '61 fury convertible used in the show is still around today. If it lived out west all its life it will not get that car cancer out there
If the car survived and is in good condition it would likely have surfaced somewhere. Near as I can tell there are about 45-50 surviving 61 Fury verts in all conditions. several are white. I can tell it is not mine from the lack of a grille guard. Interior color would help but the pictures do not show that. Likely would be red, green, blue or gray.

I know of one in New Hope PA at a body shop that cats are living in, no roof, no interior, no hope.

Cool show with cool cars & music, remember it well. I believe it was the same creator who gave us Miami Vice.

Crime Story was heavy on the use of Exner cars...fantastic!

a2166bbc6c68d34a2a4a6032e9095ffb.jpg
667830ed4fa288ead01f5bbf221f0da5.jpg

And yet Dennis Farina is best known for playing mafia hoods.
He was great in "Get Shorty" & "Big Trouble".

If the car survived and is in good condition it would likely have surfaced somewhere. Near as I can tell there are about 45-50 surviving 61 Fury verts in all conditions. several are white. I can tell it is not mine from the lack of a grille guard. Interior color would help but the pictures do not show that. Likely would be red, green, blue or gray.
I would like to know how many '61 fury 2drhts are around today.

I think so. That show started out in Chicago starring Dennis Farina. One of my fav charactor actors. They drove around in a '57 300 conv at first as they fought Organized Crime. I believe the show moved to Las Vegas and the '61 Plymouth was used.
Crime Story was set in Las Vegas. Interestingly the black '57 300 convertible that he drove in the show belongs to a fellow from Chicago.

Ist season starts in Chicago.
Interesting list of "guest appearances" on Wiki.......

Back