61 Fury Restoration

I checked the site out and it s for Duisenburgs but thank you for telling me about it. There are times I wish I had the cash to take it to a restoration shop and have them finish it for me.
We have ALL felt that way at one time or another.

Do you have a shrinker/stretcher? With those two tools and an english wheel you can make quite a lot.

To be honest, 75% of anything I need sheet metal-wise (not necessarily automotive) I make with a hammer, anvil and a vise. You might try playing if you don't already (I've not read the entirety of your restoration, just looked through at your progress so you may be doing all that already)

Check this out (again I apologize if you're a seasoned body guy and I'm just being silly)

I wish I had 1 but do not . I need to find a headlight bucket for the drivers side .

Last edited:
Its off to the passenger side rear fender panel . It takes 1 piece at a time like the man in black says. I hope to locate a head light bucket for the drivers side or locate 1 that will work on my '61. My dad located a head light bucket for my car its for the passenger side but he will make it work . There have been pieces of metal welded on the passenger rear quarter panel. My left front fender will need to come off .

passenger rear fender pt 1.jpg

passenger rear fender pt 2.jpg

passenger trunk panel extension.jpg

IMG_20170208_104233.jpg

Last edited:
Kudos, Man. I gotta say, your project strikes at the heart one of my worst fears: rust through lines and curves that I just don't trust myself to bring back true. Not that I couldn't, just that my hands shake thinking about it! Keep up the awesome work!

Steph you fury is looking great i am now in the process of gathering parts for my new dally driver a 59 fury 4 door sedan i have found a right rear quarter panel and a trunk lid as soon as the parts arrive i will get on it and she should be ready by late summer. And for you and your father keep up the good work !!!

00N0N_bfYn6KZnD31_1200x900.jpg

Steph you fury is looking great i am now in the process of gathering parts for my new dally driver a 59 fury 4 door sedan i have found a right rear quarter panel and a trunk lid as soon as the parts arrive i will get on it and she should be ready by late summer. And for you and your father keep up the good work !!!

View attachment 117511
I would like to give you a word of advice if you plan to have this as a daily driver and before you insure it have it appraised. That is if you plan to put regular insurance on it . I will give you an example if the car was appraised at $25000.00 and if the car gets totaled then who ever was at fault then their insurance company has to pay you that amount and if they refuse have an attorney stand by. With the regular insurance company you will get played around if get my drift . I do not want to see this happen to a fellow forward looker

I am properly insured and i know all about the tragic events that took your Black Fury Steph and wish to avoid some tragedy from happing to me this is why i bought the 59 Fury for a dally driver.
firstly .... i would not feel so bad if something were to befall the 59.
secondary .... I need to have my Forward look fix everyday that its nice outside
last summer i almost got runoff the road twice in my Belvedere because some Dumb A$$ was taking a video of her .

Pic of my original paint Survivor Belvedere below.

DSCN0622.JPG

Last edited:
I am properly insured and i know all about the tragic events that took your Black Fury Steph and wish to avoid some tragedy from happing to me this is why i bought the 59 Fury for a dally driver.
firstly .... i would not feel so bad if something were to befall the 59.
secondary .... I need to have my Forward look fix everyday that its nice outside
last summer i almost got runoff the road twice in my Belvedere because some Dumb A$$ was taking a video of her .

Pic of my original paint Survivor Belvedere below.

View attachment 117527
I know what you mean about a dumb *** 1 caused me to total my '57 savoy back in 1987 and they are damn lucky I did not see them because I would of beat the living **** out of the other driver and I would not care if there was a cop present and I was mad enough to do it. Here is more progress on the '61

IMG_20170301_112758.jpg

IMG_20170301_112917.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean about a dumb *** 1 caused me to total my '57 savoy back in 1987 and they are damn lucky I did not see them because I would of beat the living **** out of the other driver and I would not care if there was a cop present and I was mad enough to do it. Here is more progress on the '61

The second Dumb A$$ was tailgating me so bad i had to pull over and then he almost rear-ended me. When i came to a stop i look up and the Jack A$$ had pulled off and turned around then pulled into the parking lot and came to a stop right in front of me jumped out of his car with a great big smile he came over to me and ask what kind of car i was driving?

To which i told him it was spelled out on my trunk lid and that he was so close why could he not be able to read the emblem. .....

Then i got the 1st shocker ... he said he could see where it was and while driving he was using his cell phone to zoom in on it so he could see it better . And i said "so what did it say?" then came the 2nd shocker ........ " i don't know how to read Cursive Writing" I knew then it is only a matter of time till something bad was going to happen to my car.

Last edited:
The second Dumb A$$ was tailgating me so bad i had to pull over and then he almost tailgated me. When i came to a stop i look up and the Jack A$$ had pulled off and turned around then pulled into the parking lot and came to a stop right in front of me jumped out of his car with a great big smile he came over to me and ask what kind of car i was driving?

To which i told him it was spelled out on my trunk lid and that he was so close why could he not be able to read the emblem. .....

Then i got the 1st shocker ... he said he could see where it was and while driving he was using his cell phone to zoom in on it so he could see it better . And i said "so what did it say?" then came the 2nd shocker ........ " i don't know how to read Cursive Writing" I knew then it is only a matter of time till something bad happens to my car.

O.M.G.

Why didn't you do the world a favour and just kill him on the spot?

There is still more to do I am hitting the sack I am getting tired. I got my rest but I am trying to figure out the original size tires to my '61 . I want the correct tires on the car and the skinny white walls look crappy on a '61 and I am sure fellow '61 plymouth owners will agree with me

Last edited:
Back