Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine

1965 plymouth sport fury 426, 4-speed

1965 plymouth sport fury

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1965 sport fury,factory 426, 4-speed, 3:23 suregrip, factory red on red metallic car, 2-engines, new original interior in boxes, disc brakes and special disc brake hubcaps, have all trim [most redone or new], very rare car with lots of extra parts like nos grille, I have owned for over 20 years, have build sheet, fender tag, and title, need the room. body is straight and solid. NADA restored value is $38,480. also have another '65 sport fury, 383, auto, factory air car for parts, everything goes. call with questions $15,000. consider part trade for something

00i0i_5mX3Xq4993D_600x450.jpg
00F0F_fEwNUcjDrzd_600x450.jpg
00909_1DmH8tKSJ2c_600x450.jpg
01717_7ePZwHLGD98_600x450.jpg

Rare complete car.
Will be interesting to watch everybody argue the price.
Well I'm going to start the arguing by saying it's well worth his asking price assuming the body is straight and solid like he says. 426, 4 speed and great colors inside and out with buckets and console. Plus some extra parts, Hell yeah!

On the market for months, nobody picked it up. C-Body guys are frugal Folks.

It is very unusual to find a 4 speed car with 3.23 gears (mostly and automatic setup ratio). Also very rare to find a factory 4 speed car that still has the original 426 wedge engine. Most of them were driven hard and the engines usually died and were replaced with crate units. If this seller has the factory engine, that is rebuildable, this car is probably worth the asking price. It has been on the market for months and no one has picked it up, so I suspect there is more to know about this car.

Dave

It is very unusual to find a 4 speed car with 3.23 gears (mostly and automatic setup ratio). Also very rare to find a factory 4 speed car that still has the original 426 wedge engine. Most of them were driven hard and the engines usually died and were replaced with crate units. If this seller has the factory engine, that is rebuildable, this car is probably worth the asking price. It has been on the market for months and no one has picked it up, so I suspect there is more to know about this car.

Dave
3.23 was the standard rear for all except 318 /auto.

1965%20fury%20models%20code%20list%20page5.jpg

I was thinking back to my track days, but you are right, the street cars were 3.23 gears. If the car went any where near a track, those gears were one of the first things to go.

Dave

My 66 440 4-speed Monaco has a 3:23 SureGrip, and in my humble opinion, with it's extensive options list it's worth way more that 15k - but that's just me. Trying to sell it for what I think it's worth is another thing altogether... lol...

Comes with a parts car also, for the right guy sounds like a great deal. Again I need the winning lottery numbers.....

Consider what modern cars go for when evaluating the cost effectiveness of a buy like this. If I HAD the money and such a car became available to me, I wouldn't dicker too hard about it.

NADA restored value is $38,480.

Cost to put car in said condition, $135,000.00...

Anyone taking on a project of this magnitude is doing it strictly for love. If you could find one restored for $38K you would be delusional to buy this one, even if they paid you $15K to take it.

And therein lies the rub, find another one, restored or otherwise.

Kevin

$38,000!!!!!! I think I have, No, I know I have one for sale: RESTORED!

My 66 440 4-speed Monaco has a 3:23 SureGrip, and in my humble opinion, with it's extensive options list it's worth way more that 15k - but that's just me. Trying to sell it for what I think it's worth is another thing altogether... lol...
I'll give you $15,000. I'll even give it to you in US funds! :poke:

just curious, what incarnations and years was the 426 wedge (include "Max" HP versions if you like) available in? I guess this would be the "street" wedge, but also a "regular" 426 wedge? Sorry, didn't have much to go on, did some online searching, but wasn't real clear. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back