65 Fury gas tanks in the works!

RCB

Reaction score
Called Murray Park today. They said that gas tanks for the 65s are in the works. No date or cost, but still cool that at least the bellies for these beasts will be able to be had. I didn't ask, but I assume that won't include wagons.

Are the '65 and the '66 tanks the same? I know has been discussed a lot here, with them being different from the '67. I know '65 and '66 share a lot of items, but I never recall if the fuel tank was one of them.

Are the '65 and the '66 tanks the same? I know has been discussed a lot here, with them being different from the '67. I know '65 and '66 share a lot of items, but I never recall if the fuel tank was one of them.

For the Fury, at least, the tanks are different. The '65 has a fill door on the quarter panel and the '66 is behind the license plate.

There's actually a whole list of things different between 65 and 66 Fury. Aside from the tank and obvious visuals:
door locks
inside door handle/mechanism
doors (due to the locks)
front subframe
dashboard plastic pieces for gauges and HVAC/radio
rear bumper is obviously different, but front bumper differs for the TS housings
and more I can't recall right now...

There's actually a whole list of things different between 65 and 66 Fury. Aside from the tank and obvious visuals:
door locks
inside door handle/mechanism
doors (due to the locks)
front subframe
dashboard plastic pieces for gauges and HVAC/radio
rear bumper is obviously different, but front bumper differs for the TS housings
and more I can't recall right now...

I'm painfully aware of the unique features of the '66 Fury. I have a SF convertible and it took me many years to find a good used rear bumper.

I was replying more to Zymurgy's question, showing lots of things different between 65-66, even thought the general shape is the same. Cosmetically they probably have more differences than things in common?

Called Murray Park today. They said that gas tanks for the 65s are in the works. No date or cost, but still cool that at least the bellies for these beasts will be able to be had. I didn't ask, but I assume that won't include wagons.
Vans is the company responsible for all the recent and coming C Body products. They are having tons of oddball C and forward look parts made in Taiwan.

Vans is the company responsible for all the recent and coming C Body products. They are having tons of oddball C and forward look parts made in Taiwan.
Ironically, their stuff has been pretty decent. I have had nothing but a great experience with Vans.

Too late for me. For my 65 Newport 4 dr, I bought the ~68 B-body tank mentioned here that fits (CR9, I recall). I post a photo from someone else. Still in the box, waiting for it to stop raining to install (I know, "it never rains in CA ..."). It was fairly cheap (~105) vs the ~$300 I recall for a "correct" tank. Downside is it holds only 19 gal, but I hope to improve my mileage w/ EFI.

B-body fuel tank in 68 C-body.jpg

Don’t know if anybody has noticed, but Van’s Auto is taking pre-orders for the 1965 Fury gas tanks which have been in the works for over a year now.ETA for the tanks is 7/1/2018. Finally!!!!

Don’t know if anybody has noticed, but Van’s Auto is taking pre-orders for the 1965 Fury gas tanks which have been in the works for over a year now.ETA for the tanks is 7/1/2018. Finally!!!!

Screenshot of the Van's website. Says "Does not fit 65 Fury"

Screenshot-2018-5-27 66 Fury 65-66 C-Body Gas Tank CR1002A - Vans Auto.jpg

I saw a recent listing (somewhere) for a 65 Fury tank reproduction, but didn't save the info (didn't need one).
But IIRC it *was* for a 65 Fury tank.
???

EDIT - I'm 98% sure there were pictures, too, IIRC there was a photo of the 2 nipples/ports on the driverside rear corner.

Or did I dream it?

Last edited:
OK, I can sleep now. Others can rejoice as needed.
FYI, y'all - the grommet for this tank is NOT the same size as other C-bodies, it is smaller dia, make sure to get the right one if you buy a tank.

upload_2018-5-28_1-22-15.png

upload_2018-5-28_1-26-28.png

Anybody heard from Vans about their 65-66 C Body or 65 Fury tanks yet? I know some members have theirs on order already. Know if they are still on track for July 1st?

I called Vans today. Tanks still on track to arrive July 1st, which is a Sunday so probably next week sometime. Also, they will have tanks at Carlisle if you want to avoid S&H costs.

Back