'65 New Yorker bringing it back to life thread-

Cool pictures! I've been told the clear lenses on the tail lights were only available for 6 months before they were banned for being "unsafe". I have the same ones.

Cool pictures! I've been told the clear lenses on the tail lights were only available for 6 months before they were banned for being "unsafe". I have the same ones.

They are a ***** to find, and expensive when you do. Ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

Keep this. I'm sure someone here will want it if you offer it up for sale.

That's the plan. I'm going to take the wire wheel to it and clean it up during some of this downtime from work. Hate to offer it up looking rough as it does. Should clean up real nice I am thinking. Hopefully someone local will want it and trade me a little cash to put back into my car.

Probly not going to use the original air cleaner assy, so-

20200327_142925.jpg

Chrysler dropped them because of cracking issues, they remade them with different housings and red lenses.

Intact clear lenses are awesome, I'm going to post a thread about my 65, also has the clear tails. Love them

And finally checked out these hubcaps that were in the trunk, not sure what they came off of...

20200329_153006.jpg

20200329_152231.jpg

Hubcaps look like they are off of a Ford.
Pretty close, early '70s Mercury. I will be taking them off. Hopefully before my car finds out.

If I can get the centercaps, I will be cleaning these up and using them instead-

20200329_185836.jpg

Have a set from a New Yorker if you need them

View attachment 364521

Wow! Those are beautiful...I will check and see if the other 2 steely rims are available. I've only got the 2 now, and a full set of the wire spokes. Thx for the offer, and feel free to PM me what you would be asking for this set.

I see your in the Bay area- I used to live in Vallejo, years ago. MI now.

Wow! Those are beautiful...I will check and see if the other 2 steely rims are available. I've only got the 2 now, and a full set of the wire spokes. Thx for the offer, and feel free to PM me what you would be asking for this set.

I see your in the Bay area- I used to live in Vallejo, years ago. MI now.

I just moved to Mountain View from upstate NY. Very hard to work on cars here :(

Back