For Sale 65 Sport Fury, 426-4speed, bright red, $30k (ebay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
1965 Plymouth Fury | eBay

I don't see how one can expect to sell a car for this with only 6 pictures.

My 2 65s have the upper rad hose near the radiator cap, this one is at the end of the tank, which I thought really odd. I looked back thru my files on 426 cars (about 10 of them) and for the ones with pics of the engine, I saw maybe 4-5 with hose near the cap, 3-4 at the end. Anyone know which is correct?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

In '65 typically the 22" rad had the inlet at the side for AC equipped cars or those equipped with max cooling pkg (high altitude, trailer tow, or simply optioned as such when new). So it was possible to have a car without AC and still have the rad inlet at the passenger side. The 26" rad didn't come out until 66.

However, that rad hose doesn't look quite right to me... it's too tall at the thermostat end, which makes me think that the water neck is still the original "pointing straight forward" type used in regular cooling cars instead of the required 45 degree angle one used with rads with the hose inlet at the side for high cap cooling as above.

So, the rad could easily have been replaced with one with the side inlet and then the owner just found a hose that fits.

I must correct what I said earlier.
My 65 Fury has hose near center. 383-4spd, standard 4-blade fan, no shroud. Near-vertical T-stat housing.

upload_2017-9-18_21-38-41.png

My 300L has it near the pass-side, and is an AC car with 6-ish blade fan and clutch, with shroud. T-stat housing points to pass-side. This car also has a factory PS cooler. This upper tank has 2 locations for the hose (like the for-sale car), while my Fury's has no flat-spot for a 2nd hose.

Correct. Seems like they have an upper tank that can fit either hose location, and then one tank that is center-hose only - so that tank would seem to be unnecessary? But my radiator was originally a 2-row, so maybe that's a difference that drives the tank. Who knows...

Unless I am mistaken, in vision and memory, that driver seat looks to have stitching in it, and IIRC my car's seats have those lines as molded in.
upload_2017-9-19_18-20-38.png

those 45 deg water necks are real thin and rust away fast . and the centers hose type didn't have a shroud , right ? shouldn't the passenger hose type have a shroud on it . two piece metal type , right ?

1965 Plymouth Fury | eBay

I don't see how one can expect to sell a car for this with only 6 pictures.

My 2 65s have the upper rad hose near the radiator cap, this one is at the end of the tank, which I thought really odd. I looked back thru my files on 426 cars (about 10 of them) and for the ones with pics of the engine, I saw maybe 4-5 with hose near the cap, 3-4 at the end. Anyone know which is correct?

View attachment 143686
View attachment 143687
View attachment 143688
View attachment 143689
View attachment 143690
View attachment 143691

I subscribe to the theory, if youre really interested you will beg for more

I can appreciate that, and there's no correct position.

But I'm a believer that if you want me to pay tippy-top price for something, you gotta put the effort in and demonstrate to me that it's worth it. I usually presume sellers like this either don't know what the important characteristics of a classic car are, so they don't know what to show us or tell us about, or they are hiding something.

So you get there for a car that 'runs good' and you find out that it means it doesn't smoke -- but has poor throttle response, lazy ign timing, etc, and doesn't run like it should. A 'no-rust' car that has been patched with sheetmetal. New seatcovers on top of foam that crumbs out on the carpet. BTDT.

And Ebay allows 24 pics now so there's really no excuse on 6 except laziness.

... I usually presume sellers like this either don't know what the important characteristics of a classic car are, so they don't know what to show us or tell us about, or they are hiding something.

I can tell you that this guy knows. Why he used so few pictures is a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back