65' Sportfury

Hi guys,

I've made some progress on my project. I've removed the front frame, repaint in black. I have all of the parts for the engine, I'm going to rebuild it this mounth.

But one problem, I research a pitman arm for my car but I can't find it in a right price ... It's 200 dollars for this parts ?!

thanks for the help.
272191555_3022228454757614_5644400411220331142_n.jpg

272123354_3022228694757590_6115447725939249848_n.jpg

Hi guys,

I've made some progress on my project. I've removed the front frame, repaint in black. I have all of the parts for the engine, I'm going to rebuild it this mounth.

But one problem, I research a pitman arm for my car but I can't find it in a right price ... It's 200 dollars for this parts ?!

thanks for the help.
View attachment 512909

View attachment 512910
Looks like pitman arm can be had for 100. Over here from auto parts stores.

Felicitations, tres belle caisse! Try using rockauto, when I lived in Europe they were almost the only reliable source of mechanical parts, and they ship everywhere!

Hi guys,

one question, are they member of c bodies only in the New York states who can receipt for me a package ? And after that a friend comes to pick up the package ...

Thanks for the help !

and a little video from a mopar meet un canada in Montreal :)

Hi C bodies fans !!

Some news about my project. I have completly rebuild the frame, front suspension, break last winter.
Last week I put the 383 freshly rebuild on the car. I plan the first start for september . Some pics of the news ...
img_2015.jpg

img_2017.jpg

img_2016.jpg

Hi,

some news about my project. The engine and trans are in the car now ! We've started the engine last week. It runs pretty good, great sound, oil pressure ok, all is good. A little video of the first real start (after some ignition problems :) )

I think I've 2 or 3 week-ends of work before driving it on the french road ... Stay tuned :)

Congratulations on your car!! My first car was a 65 Fury III 4door hardtop. That was back in 1972 when I was 20 years old. I loved the car...383 with torqueflite and power steering. It had am/fm radio from factory. That was a rare option then...oh, tinted windshield too. It was a beautiful color combinations..tourquise exterior and aqua interior. Unfortunately the 383 had issues.....used a lot of oil and would overheat in summer. It only had 75k miles when I bought it. I drove it till 130k and then gave it to a friend.

I'm curious about the efi. I saw the FiTech, did you have trouble with it?
Love the patina you have there!!

I've just finish to instal my Fitech 600hp kit. I turn the Key next weekend !!

Do you know where I can find an engine mount for my 65 383? It's specific design for this generation...

Thanks

I've just finish to instal my Fitech 600hp kit. I turn the Key next weekend !!

Do you know where I can find an engine mount for my 65 383? It's specific design for this generation…

I purchased a couple sets of mounts because they said they were correct for our cars, only to find out the left side was wrong. 3 or 4 years ago I found a new correct set for it. They came from a person, not a store so I can’t put you in touch with him.
I still have 2 sets of mounts with the wrong left side.
When it came time I really had to have them or use my old left side, I did an online search again and found a guy with a new set that he didn’t need.

I planned on going FiTech, but went with Holley in the end. I liked the idea of getting everything together. I went with the Holley Sniper, distributer (so I can set the time curve), ignition box, coil, and the in-tank pump/sending unit. I also purchased a box that will communicate with the Dakota Digital dash. Dakota didn’t have anything to communicate with the FiTech.

If you checkout my thread, you’ll see that I was all about the FiTech unit for a couple years. There’s a video link in the thread of a guy with the same EFI you have and it works great!!

Keep us posted and get a video!!

Thanks for the answer ... I've find the motor mounts on engine swaps .com

Yes I think the fitech EFI is a good product ... I hope it works good ! Stay tuned

It runs !!!! Today was the first test drive of the Sportfury. It runs pretty good !

Have a nice week mopar guys ;)

Hi,

After some adjsutements the fury runs great. I drove it for 50 miles this week-end.

One last problem I don't have a kickdown, and when I put pedal to the metal, the tranmssion sounds like a noise belt sound ... Any idea of the problem ?

img_2023.jpg

img_2024.jpg

img_2022.jpg

and a pic of my home made trailer hitch !

Hi,

After some adjsutements the fury runs great. I drove it for 50 miles this week-end.

One last problem I don't have a kickdown, and when I put pedal to the metal, the tranmssion sounds like a noise belt sound ... Any idea of the problem ?

View attachment 582962

View attachment 582963

View attachment 582964

and a pic of my home made trailer hitch !

Car is looking good!! You definitely want to get a kick down cable/linkage hooked up because you can literally fry your transmission without it!!

Back