66 300 Reverse Light Gasket

Jimmyse23

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a reproduction is made? DMT doesn’t seem to carry them, only for the Monaco. Mine are toast of course. I don’t really drive in the rain but....I’d like to know they seal.

You might use some thin, closed-cell rubber strips, with a little adhesive to hold the strips in place. Kind of like you'd find in the a/c section of Home Depot? Is there a cut-out in the lens casting for the "filter cigarette filter-type" dust filter on the bottom? Just curious.

CBODY67

Not that I see on the lense. I could cut my own using the lense as a guide. I’m surprised DMT doesn’t carry them. Oh well I’ll figure out something. Owning a C Body....the struggle is real.

If by any chance you have a spare assembly you could send to Jim, likely he'd be up for creating a gasket. He's insistent on having a unit so he can test fit his stuff before releasing it but always looking to expand coverage.

Oh well I’ll figure out something. Owning a C Body....the struggle is real.

The "struggle" is NOT new. It was almost EVERY Chrysler Corp vehicle BEFORE the repro market got going strong in the earlier 1980s. BEFORE making a call and waving the magic plastic came to be.

With '57 T-birds, '55-57 Chevies, and most Corvettes, it was different as many things were either in repro or still made by the OEMs during that time frame. Yet even so, many GM parts now in repro "died a natural death" when sales for them decreased.

CBODY67

I have posted my new repro back up lamp gaskets on ebay for 6 months with no interest . I had DMT do a small run of these for my fleet of cars ,I also have the front turn signal ones for 66 300, steering column , tail light to body and many more NOS parts . I am so disappointed no one supports any repro stuff so I wont make any more . The mopar people are pretty mean on the money .

I have posted my new repro back up lamp gaskets on ebay for 6 months with no interest . I had DMT do a small run of these for my fleet of cars ,I also have the front turn signal ones for 66 300, steering column , tail light to body and many more NOS parts . I am so disappointed no one supports any repro stuff so I wont make any more . The mopar people are pretty mean on the money .

If you still have the gaskets for a '66 300, I would be interested in all of them.

DMT does have the pattern to make them. I sent him a backup light assembly to take measurements off of. Perhaps he doesn't realize that the '66 300 uses the same backup lights as a Newport, or else you were just looking on the DMT website. He has a lot of stuff that's not listed on the website because he doesn't update it very often. Call.

Ok here is all that I have left now . I have 3 pair of back up lamp for 66 Chryslers and 4 pairs of 66 300 front turn signal gaskets . $15 per pair plus $5 all up postage (for as many as you need) I am in Australia . I don't have any steering column to body or tailamp to body donuts left . email me and I will accept paypal .
nascoman (@) optusnet com au

Pic

040.JPG

I also have a NOS 66 CHrysler LH Complete NOS Back up Lamp $175 , NOS 66 CHrysler RHR Back up Lamp $110 , NOS C Body 65-68 (and maybe later) Battery Tray $75 (with used stand) , NOS LHF 66 Chrysler Fender Trun signal lamp housing (no Lens) $55.

041.JPG

042.JPG

043.JPG

044.JPG

045.JPG

046.JPG

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

Back