66 Chrysler 300 new in FCBO

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Frank and I'm a new member in this Forum, although I was already reading as a guest for a long time.
I'm 50 years old, living in Germany close to Stuttgart and own a 1966 Chrysler 300 since 2001.
This car came from San Diego to Germany in 1990. It sat for 10years in a barn in Fürstenfeldbruck before I found it for sale on the internet.
Since I own the car, it needed a new power steering box, brake liners and all new brake cylinders, to get it run and drive. Over the years I tried to improve as much as possible for the budget available. I spend a new set of Magnum 15x7 / 15x8 wheels, new seat covers and carpet, new ignition system, intake and carburetor,..... This year I did a complete front end repair and replaced all bushings and joints, put a disc brake kit on the front and replaced the gear box a second time with a Borgeson quick ratio box. Now again, I will change the wheels, because the Magnums did not like the disc brakes... looking forward what comes next. I like this Forum, because I always found useful tips how to fix problems and how to improve my ride. Now I hope I can give some of my knowledge and 17 years of experience back if I see It could help. i need to apologize for my jolty englisch. Reading through this forum helps me to improve my language skills as well.
Regards,
Frank

IMG_0818_1.jpg

IMG_0824_1.jpg

Hi, my name is Frank and I'm a new member in this Forum, although I was already reading as a guest for a long time.
I'm 50 years old, living in Germany close to Stuttgart and own a 1966 Chrysler 300 since 2001.
This car came from San Diego to Germany in 1990. It sat for 10years in a barn in Fürstenfeldbruck before I found it for sale on the internet.
Since I own the car, it needed a new power steering box, brake liners and all new brake cylinders, to get it run and drive. Over the years I tried to improve as much as possible for the budget available. I spend a new set of Magnum 15x7 / 15x8 wheels, new seat covers and carpet, new ignition system, intake and carburetor,..... This year I did a complete front end repair and replaced all bushings and joints, put a disc brake kit on the front and replaced the gear box a second time with a Borgeson quick ratio box. Now again, I will change the wheels, because the Magnums did not like the disc brakes... looking forward what comes next. I like this Forum, because I always found useful tips how to fix problems and how to improve my ride. Now I hope I can give some of my knowledge and 17 years of experience back if I see It could help. i need to apologize for my jolty englisch. Reading through this forum helps me to improve my language skills as well.
Regards,
Frank

View attachment 217956

View attachment 217957
Love the car, it looks great in black and i think those Magnums look perfect on it. What is happening with the brakes? I haven't ever seen anyone having problems with their Magnums and their disk brakes?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car and great shirt!:thumbsup:

Hello Wollfen,
The Disc brake kit was purchased from MasterPower Brakes. The caliper collides with the inner Wheel. It needs 1/4“ Spacers until the rim fits. I will change to aluminium wheels with a different backspace to fit without spacer. They will have less wight and straigther runout.
I like the look of the Magnum 500 wheels, but will go with american racing torq trust wheels.

Welcome from another 1966 300 owner. You have a great looking example there. You will also enjoy being a member here, most of the members are good guys, and we are all picture junkies.

Guten Tag! Nice looking car. I like your new wheels as much as I liked the Magnums and am glad you went with a small white wall. Really helps the wheels pop on an all black car. Otherwise they would just sort of disappear, inho.

Hello Wollfen,
The Disc brake kit was purchased from MasterPower Brakes. The caliper collides with the inner Wheel. It needs 1/4“ Spacers until the rim fits. I will change to aluminium wheels with a different backspace to fit without spacer. They will have less wight and straigther runout.
I like the look of the Magnum 500 wheels, but will go with american racing torq trust wheels.
Thanks Frank, that is good to know and what brand they are. The rest of us can use that information when making a decision on what brand to go with for our cars. Cheers.

Back