66 dodge monaco wheel and tire sources

Hi Kevin
thanks for your reply, excellent info. Now i understand why some guys are switching to disc and 15" wheels.
Here's a couple of questions. With the current bolt pattern(5x4.5), can i put 15" rims on this car? or does the hubs need to switched out.
I have to ask, what are C-body Road wheels exactly.

So with these trailer wheels, I can still install wheel covers? the rims are essentially the same? Are they meant for passenger vehicles? I'm just curious why they are available for trailers and not listed for passenger vehicles. Sounds like they are working for you.

And thanks for this info. this is a little frustrating nailing down some rim and tires for this car.

I bought those wheels at Summit Racing, unbolted the stock 14's and bolted these on directly.

This is a C-body Road Wheel

RoadWheels[1].jpg

Kevin

A true trailer wheel is not designed for the stresses applied to it when it's the turning wheel as I understand it. They're supposedly only designed for straight line operation and should carry a sticker/decal stating its intended usage.

A true trailer wheel is not designed for the stresses applied to it when it's the turning wheel as I understand it. They're supposedly only designed for straight line operation and should carry a sticker/decal stating its intended usage.
thanks. exactly what i was concerned with, having them on the front of the car. I would think the same applies to the rear wheel drive. trailer wheels are not driving the trailer, only free wheeling.

Let me rephrase the trailer wheel comment. As a tire/rim dealer we contacted the manufactuer and explained what we wanted. Once we gave him the dimensions and specs we needed he directed us to the rims I have now which are originally automotive wheels repurposed for trailer use due to the bolt circle being almost universally used by the trailer manufacturers. Thus these are not trailer wheels used on a car they are car wheels used on a trailer. The stamping on the rims confirmed this. However there are definitely trailer wheels designed only for that purpose. I can forward the info too you in a pm if you want it and it is a Canadian Distributor FYI.

Let me rephrase the trailer wheel comment. As a tire/rim dealer we contacted the manufactuer and explained what we wanted. Once we gave him the dimensions and specs we needed he directed us to the rims I have now which are originally automotive wheels repurposed for trailer use due to the bolt circle being almost universally used by the trailer manufacturers. Thus these are not trailer wheels used on a car they are car wheels used on a trailer. The stamping on the rims confirmed this. However there are definitely trailer wheels designed only for that purpose. I can forward the info too you in a pm if you want it and it is a Canadian Distributor FYI.
yes! Please PM me the info. thanks!!

I wouldn't fool with "wagon wheels" when you can get new reproductions or good used OEM.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/wvi-63-571204/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/wvi-54-5712044/overview/

Kevin
these are 15" , we are looking for 14". this is why the focus went to trailer wheels as an option. Looks like he has found a trailer wheel that are an automotive wheel repurposed for a trailer. I want to keep my original wheel covers and looking at all options for 14" wheel. thanks for the source, if I do decide to go 15"

cheers

Roue d'acier 2015

OK! i found this wheel, part#X40709 on the link above. 14x6, 5x114.3(4.5) with a bore of what looks like 70.6mm(2.79")
The hole bore on the wheels on my car are 2 7/8"(2.875) measured with a tap measure.
Is this close enough or too small?

What was the factory wheel bore standard back in the day with my old rims. I have original rims on my car. I'm just wondering if the difference above is just measuring accuracy or they are actually the same.
Thanks
Glen

14" tires in a size suitable for a C-body are $$$ Coker reproduction.

If you plan on driving the car more than looking at it then it's time for 15" in a 235/70 or 235/75 on 4 corners or if you need some traction, 275/60 on the rear.

While a Magnum 500 type wheel wasn't available on a 66, they do look like they belong. These are 15x7 with 235/70 all around.

KevinView attachment 75751
Following this post with interest as I have the tiny 215 tires on a wagon. @twostick, the Magnum 500s look great, did you specify a particular offset when you ordered them?

Looks great, what is the rim size including lug size and back space and what tire size are these?
Those are 15x7, and from what I remember, about a 3.75 BS. Tire in that pic was 245/60-15. The pic below is the replacement tire, a 235/70-15. It fills out the opening much better, as the 245 was a little short.

upload_2019-5-2_11-44-11.jpeg

Back