66 fury 440 help...

Well I'll be 40 next month and in my day we were playing with mustangs and watching the older hot rods dropped on the ground and looking cool. I understand the gasser raised up drag race suspension but it's not me. Lol. My style is to look mostly stock, sit down a little and run like a bat out of hell. I don't want to change the look of the car, just performance. I want/need 600 horse power of ground pounding muscle.

I do have anot her question, my center console has 6 buttons behind the shifter. Looks like a start and stop, low oil warning and the rest I can't make out. Was this a rare option? I haven't seen any other with it.

Last edited:
I do have anot her question, my center console has 6 buttons behind the shifter. Looks like a start and stop, low oil warning and the rest I can't make out. Was this a rare option? I haven't seen any other with it.
Picture, please.

Thank you 65! Here's the pictures of my buttons. It looks really dirty in there but it's dust from of the polishing I've been doing to the interior chrome.
20160418_204055.jpg
20160418_204049.jpg

Not sure where those came from or how they're wired, if they work, but they're not factory.

There's no way someone added later. They are perfectly placed and it looks like 1966 technology under them. I'll take a picture of the underside later.

I'm fairly sure they aren't stock. Maybe your car was raced early on in it's life? Go to MyMopar and download the parts and service manuals. Check through them to see if those buttons show up anywhere. The manuals are imperative to the upkeep of your car anyways, so they are a (free) must have. I would also recommend buying a physical service manual to have.
Love your car, by the way. It's my cars bluer twin.
maxresdefault.jpg

They did at one time I'm sure. They are disconectected at the moment and someone added a push button starter next to the ignition later. I'd love to have them work again one day but the are so old all of the connections were soldered on.

They did at one time I'm sure. They are disconectected at the moment and someone added a push button starter next to the ignition later. I'd love to have them work again one day but the are so old all of the connections were soldered on.
Soldering them back together is very easy. It takes practice, but (IMHO) is the only way to wire properly. I'm 16 and I can do it quite well...
Let me know if you have any '66 specific questions, as I may be able to help.

I have LOTS!!! lol.

I was just talking to the guy I got it from and he said the guy his grandfather bought it from was a drag racer back in the day. He's going to talk to his grandfather tomorrow and ask some more questions about it tomorrow.

jumping in late on this because I finally made an account, TTI makes the only good set that is a direct fit (suppose to be) with out any major issues, C6573-440178 is the part number, they are not cheap but im hoping they are worth it, gonna get a set for my 66 440 hear in the next month, as far as breaks go its Vital to almost have a 15 inch rim, there is a company that makes slip ons over your old front drum spindle, get ahold of me with any questions, Fury/s are getting harder and harder to come by ive got the only one in at least a 200 mille radius its insane

Back