I want to ad power brakes
I bought a complete used power brake booster and pedal. From a 1966 fury
What else will i need
I will have the booster rebuilt.
What else
Any tips out there for me
All info .

Screenshot_20200210-100007.png

That is a drum brake booster, you need a '68-'70 Bendix dual diaphragm booster for the disc brakes to work properly. (The booster in the photo is a single diaphragm booster) You will also need to upgrade to a dual pot disc brake master cylinder and install a split brake disc brake proportioning valve. Front discs also use a different style brake hose so those will need to be replaced also. You will need the brake booster hose fitting for the intake manifold and vacuum hose of the appropriate length and size (11/32). Do not use fuel hose or transmission cooler hose as those types of hose are not appropriate for vacuum applications. www.inlinetube.com has the appropriate proportioning valves and the requisite tubing to do the upgrade. www.yearone.com has the manifold fitting and booster hose. If you are buying after market rotors, be sure to get rid of the ChiCom bearing races, they are too soft for a heavy car like a C-Body. Install Timkin bearings and races. Good luck.

Dave

can you just bolt up a new booster and master cylinder for drum brakes and have power brakes ?

can you just bolt up a new booster and master cylinder for drum brakes and have power brakes ?

If the car has manual brakes to start with, the pedal assembly and the mount plate are different because the pedal has a different pivot point relative the the actuator rod for the master cylinder. The power brake booster mounts lower because it does not need as much leverage as the manual setup.

Dave

If the car has manual brakes to start with, the pedal assembly and the mount plate are different because the pedal has a different pivot point relative the the actuator rod for the master cylinder. The power brake booster mounts lower because it does not need as much leverage as the manual setup.

Dave
thanx dave...i need to get the right pedal assembly?

Back