Hissing noise from brake pedal

darth_linux

Reaction score
So on my 66 Newport, I recently have a slight hiss coming from the brake pedal inside the car. It goes away when I apply the brakes. There is no rough idle or anything associated with a vacuum leak to the engine. I’ve had a brake booster fail before, but the symptoms it displayed were a loud hiss when the brakes were applied with a coinciding rough engine idle. This seems to be the opposite. Any thoughts on what part is failing? Thanks in advance.

Its time to replace or rebuild your power brake booster. As far as who to use, the personal choice is Booster Dewey. The craftmanship and high quality finished work alone makes them a first choice.

Its time to replace or rebuild your power brake booster. As far as who to use, the personal choice is Booster Dewey. The craftmanship and high quality finished work alone makes them a first choice.
That was what I was thinking. I am considering getting a kit and doing it myself. I have the Bendix booster, not the Kelsey Hayes.

From my experience this is one application I leave up to the pros. w/ core parts hard to come by if needed. Just my 2 cents.

"Dewey has retired and one of his employees now has the business. Still doing exceptionally good work, from what other forums have mentioned.

CBODY67

Back