'66 Monaco 500 Wicker

Re: 65 Monaco. On the blue and turquoise CLOTH bucket seat interiors, the same fabric which was used on the seat inserts was the same cloth which was used on the door inserts, in place of the wicker. I'm not sure what was used to replace the wicker on the seat backs - I would tend to guess blue or turquoise carpet, or maybe vinyl (I doubt if it would be cloth in this location). I believe Polara 500 buckets had carpet on the lower back of the seats, so I'd guess similar for the Monaco. This photo may not show the door inserts very well, but it's all I could did up for now:
IMG_97471[1].jpg

Search wicker chair repair. The 1/8" basket weaver pattern is a good match. A member here replaced his and just clear coated it. Looked great.
Mine was discolored like yours and looked like it was painted originally. I was going to replace it while I had the door panels off but just ended up painting the wicker. The metal trim looked like it would be a pain to remove and re-install . I'm happy with the results.

View attachment 196158

Below are shots from a member’s Monaco at Carlisle. He left wicker natural and looks like a clearcoat finish over it. Results are awsome!
I found myself checking out Monaco dashpads, wicker trim and rear package trays.
76B9E0C5-C128-4053-9BA7-1F1093D8AAD7.jpeg

C655AF13-D8E6-49EF-A722-4FF552456BD6.jpeg

Back