66 Newport 2 door, A/C, P.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I went to look at a 66 Newport today.
Broke my heart. I wanted to drag that thing home so bad.
To make a long story short, super nice gentleman and I offered to help him sell the car for free
because I want somebody to give it a good home.

66 Newport bottom line stripper. A/C, P.S., and radio. That's it. Blue/blue. 68k miles.
One family Florida car since new.
Interior is 100% toast. Looks good in the pics but all the soft and hard parts need to be replaced.
Mechanically, the 383 2bbl & Torqueflite run very well but the fuel system has to be cleaned out thoroughly.
The heartbreaker is the body is excellent with only surface rust on the floor and trunk pans.
The paint, again, is baked but most of the brightwork is excellent.
Ideal scenario: You have a car with a great interior and the body is beyond hope.

I'm not selling the car. I'm just helping him out because this car needs to be saved.
To me, its' worth $700. He'd like $2k but doesn't know the best way to find a buyer.
I dunno. You tell me.
I have full size, hi rez pics if you want them.
My Mopar buddy, Lance, will be putting it on eBay for him. He's gonna try and fish for $3K.

nl32pd.jpg
14ddaux.jpg

2vsn23o.jpg
20js7dd.jpg

30athc8.jpg
2lm73w4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car. Except for the headliner, that interior is in better condition than my NY'er. The exterior (rust wise) looks better than mine also. I paid $1800 on an advertised ad wanting $2500 for my NY'er on Craigslist. He might get the $2k. Maybe a few pictures in the shade may present a more desirable image of the Newport. Just my 2 cents.

If it was my ad, the pics would all be photochopped.....:tongueflap:
Those pics are what you see is what you get. It's not my car. I'm not putting a ton a work into posting it for sale.
If I wanted a project, though, that car is as close to being to what I would want.

I like it, too bad it's all the way down in FL and wasn't quite so spartan.

Nice car, body is in great shape, I like it too. I hope the dude finds a good home for it.

Good luck on getting 3K. I've got 2 66 NY'ers that I've had for sale here, on Craigslist and all the Mopar web sites for a year now with almost no responce. I'm asking $2500 for the pair and they are both loaded with options and are rust free AZ cars. I hate it when these cars become 440 engine donors for B and E bodies but Mine is heading for that fate. Here's the ad I've had on here for monthes with not one responce. http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-1966-Chrysler-NY-er-2DR-HT-W-Parts-Car/page2

I agree 101% Chris.
Like I told him, 700 bucks. Tops.
He doesn't disagree but he rightfully just wants to test the market.
As he should. He'd be dumb to take only my word for it and I told him so.
He admits to not knowing anything about the market.
I encouraged him to advertise it.
This poor beast doesn't even have a motor that anybody wants....

Last edited:
I know if it was for sale here in the rust belt he could get 2k for it pretty easily, if he could find someone that was looking to restore one. I would have dropped 2k on it in a heartbeat a few years back when I bought my Fury, that is if it were for sale locally. Having to pay a shipper to come get it makes the price drop a lot. I paid a fair amount more than than that for my Fury and it has rust in the lower quarters. It was about the most rust free car I could find in my range. But it has a nearly perfect interior and was somewhat running. (I did have to rebuild the carb.) I guess down south rust free is probably more common and doesn't mean as much.

Just saw on Dry Dock that the fellow selling the 70 Sport Fury convertible, and was asking 2,750, sold it for 600. While he did say OBRO I still would think $600 isn't quite reasonable. That being the case what does that say about other cars. I already know as I have seen a sea change in the last 18 months in regards to these big gas guzzling beasts of the 60's and 70's and it isn't for the better. My gut feeling is that their time has past and the people who drove them are dead and those who might recall them are getting long in the tooth for the most part. The critical numbers are just not their anymore. I see the same thing on the carrier museum I restore. Most of the docents are over 65. Many, from the early years (1998-2004) and having served from 1943-1953, have passed away. There are precious few docents under the age of 55 on board as the ship doesn't exist for those younger than that just like these big cars. Remember the last quartermaster of the Hornet was "20" in 1970. He is still around but is 62 now.

It wasnt a convertible and I thought the same thing.....it wasnt reasonable but insulting

Good luck on getting 3K. I've got 2 66 NY'ers that I've had for sale here, on Craigslist and all the Mopar web sites for a year now with almost no responce. I'm asking $2500 for the pair and they are both loaded with options and are rust free AZ cars. I hate it when these cars become 440 engine donors for B and E bodies but Mine is heading for that fate. Here's the ad I've had on here for monthes with not one responce. http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-1966-Chrysler-NY-er-2DR-HT-W-Parts-Car/page2
Well I finally wound up trading my 2 NY'ers and a 70 Monaco for this sand rail. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...t=Dune_Buggies_Sand_Rails&hash=item1e7030ebd5 Should be able to sell this I hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back