66 newport engine

i wouldnt wanna put a small wanna be hemi in a real chrysler,lol
I'll line up my big old Imperial with a wanna be Hemi next to your Newport when we're both done. Bring cash or get ready to sport a new bumper sticker, you choose. :poke:

I'll line up my big old Imperial with a wanna be Hemi next to your Newport when we're both done. Bring cash or get ready to sport a new bumper sticker, you choose. :poke:

If we are running speed boats, I would like to partake in this, and I will run a naturally aspirated old school carburetted RB big block with no baby bottles.

I think a video clip of each car running at their own nearest track could be a substitute for an actual line up, which would be difficult due to our different locations.

Last edited:
what about the hedman 78030 ones it says they fit if u type in 66 newport headers its the only ones that come up.

Don't believe them, I've been there... done that.

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (49).jpg

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (49).jpg

If we are running speed boats, I would like to partake in this, and I will run a naturally aspirated old school carburetted RB big block with no baby bottles.

I think a video clip of each car running at their own nearest track could be a substitute for an actual line up, which would be difficult due to our different locations.
That works. I was talking about my Imperial, not my Challenger though. The 6.1L for the Imperial is 11.5:1 naturally aspirated. Nothing too crazy. 500 horse or so (flywheel).

I'll prolly have to bring the Challenger & a baby bottle though if you are gonna bring a built big block. I would have gone N/A on the Challenger too if I didn't want to still drive it on the street. But I do...

I'll settle for video/time slip. Do you have a car that's track ready?

im not looking to go fast in a newport,that would be a waste of built engine these cars are to heavy id also rather have a big or smallblock in a dart then a new hemi i have a real chrysler so i will runn a real chrysler engine and engine designed by the people who made chrysler/mopar .not the peeps they sold chrysler to.....if i wanted a new hemi id buy a truck or challenger that comes with one

they say the xe268 cam can use stock convertor,1600-5800 rmps,normally in smaller cubes they say it will work best with a 2000 stall,im going withA 440 SO ONES NOT NEEDED BUT I MIGHT BUY ONE LATER ON

How about tri y headers schumachers i will not spend more than i should on headers what about shorty headers?

I was looking and i think they are about 4000lbs i thought they were heavier.i never se anyone with fast bigblock newports or other heavy c bodies,i have an itch bug to go 451 if i can find a 400 block,my favorite cam is a mopar 509,my buddy and his dad had some road runners,one had a 400 with stock pistons,67 915 heads,tm6 intake 750 holley hp and a mopar 509 cam 4000 stall run mid 11's for years the opther was the same parts basicly but used a 440 ran about the same.how much heavier are these cars then road runners roadrunners aret small lol

Matt, what grind was the cam in your 71 Charger R/T?
thats the 509/292 but I'd step it down a notch from there if I had it to do over again.
i have a good 440 core that's complete out of a '73 RV up here in Detroit. Where are you located Newportmopar66?
welcome to the site!

I was looking and i think they are about 4000lbs i thought they were heavier.i never se anyone with fast bigblock newports or other heavy c bodies,i have an itch bug to go 451 if i can find a 400 block,my favorite cam is a mopar 509,my buddy and his dad had some road runners,one had a 400 with stock pistons,67 915 heads,tm6 intake 750 holley hp and a mopar 509 cam 4000 stall run mid 11's for years the opther was the same parts basicly but used a 440 ran about the same.how much heavier are these cars then road runners roadrunners aret small lol
My Challenger will weigh in somewhere around 4500....

4200 or so stock, plus mine has a 6 point roll bar, baby bottles, etc. I haven't weighed it yet but it'll be right in that range.

Back