66 Sport Fury 'vert - 440 A/C

Even if it is a 383 engine in it, and I don't doubt that since Stan checked it, it's still apparently a 440 365 HP convert with cool colors and options. No serial number on the engine in 66 anyway so he could find a correct date coded 66 block when he 'fixes it up"

Did the fax ever come through? It would be interesting to see it.
No. Never heard from him again. He may be out enjoying his Ford and Chevy.

I am predicting that he will try to sell it as he goes from auto repair shop to body shop trying to fix it cheap.

Stan what did you see on the engine that led you to determine it was a 383 and not a 440?

I know there's a few ways just wondering what you saw

Easy to spot the difference between 383's and 440's. The machined stamp pad and the air gap distance under the intake. Anyone that's been around these engines can ID this with a glance. If he didn't know how to ID this....he should of found someone that can and take him along to inspect the car. The original 440 could of been blown up or stripped for an A, B, or E and a 383 swapped in years ago...

Easy to spot the difference between 383's and 440's. The machined stamp pad and the air gap distance under the intake. Anyone that's been around these engines can ID this with a glance. If he didn't know how to ID this....he should of found someone that can and take him along to inspect the car. The original 440 could of been blown up or stripped for an A, B, or E and a 383 swapped in years ago...

Stan what did you see on the engine that led you to determine it was a 383 and not a 440?

I know there's a few ways just wondering what you saw

Thanks Bob. I was asking what he was able to see. I know how to tell the difference

Bob was enlightening the lesser educated, I'm sure. Still getting newcomers from Fords and GMs here.

Back