'66 t&c

cbarge, where you mounted your control box?
Typically,anywhere for the ease of installation and later replacement..
Basically lay out the wires before hard wiring everything to see where it will go.
Firewall is preferred but A/C cars tend to have busy firewalls.
Some people put the ECU on the driver side inner fender near the ballast resistor.
All a matter of personal preference.
Make sure you have it well grounded.

Steven,off topic...
Did you write to the E-Booger regarding the front end?
Looks like he answered and printed your letter in the latest Mopar Action rag.

Steven,off topic...
Did you write to the E-Booger regarding the front end?
Looks like he answered and printed your letter in the latest Mopar Action rag.

No I did not - who would that be? What part of the front end are you referring to? Can you email me the link or is that a publication?

No I did not... what part of the front end are you referring to? Can you email me the link or is that a publication?
OK. I am at work and the rag is at home. It is a 66 Chrysler in the SF area IIRC,. I will get back to you on that tomorrow.

You picked the right one, same as what I ordered. The funny thing is their business is about 25 miles from my house, and I had someone from CA recommend it to me, not knowing it was so close to me. You actually have really decent road feel for a big old car. The only draw back is you can't parallel park with one finger now. :)

Zymurgy, so I returned the box to Steer & Gear and sent mine off to Firm Feel. Hopefully they'll do me right and I can post a + review on them and send them back to the front of the pack. As for the firmness of your steering, would you have liked it firmer or is it about right for you. I'm in contact with a guy who got a FF stage-3 for his GTX and he says he loves it and suggested that type of firmness to me. Without anything to compare I wouldn't know what 1-2 or 3 would be like. Dick from FF says a stage-1 is what he would suggest for a heavy c-body.

Zymurgy, so I returned the box to Steer & Gear and sent mine off to Firm Feel. Hopefully they'll do me right and I can post a + review on them and send them back to the front of the pack. As for the firmness of your steering, would you have liked it firmer or is it about right for you. I'm in contact with a guy who got a FF stage-3 for his GTX and he says he loves it and suggested that type of firmness to me. Without anything to compare I wouldn't know what 1-2 or 3 would be like. Dick from FF says a stage-1 is what he would suggest for a heavy c-body.

The way it is seem perfect to me. A nice actual road feel, whether you are driving 20 or 90 mph. The only draw back to the stiffest setting that I see is parallel parking, but who the hell want to do that with a barge. :)

The way it is seem perfect to me. A nice actual road feel, whether you are driving 20 or 90 mph. The only draw back to the stiffest setting that I see is parallel parking, but who the hell want to do that with a barge. :)

You mean even with Power Steering it's actually difficult to parallel park (turn the steering wheel?) It's that stiff?

You mean even with Power Steering it's actually difficult to parallel park (turn the steering wheel?) It's that stiff?
No nothing like that. I thought there was one step stiffer at Steer and Gear if you go one step stiffer with feel firm there might be more resistance, but don't get me wrong nothing like a car without power steering.

Back