'67 Chrysler 300 FasTop on BringaTrailer......

Guess I should chime in here. I'm the guy that bought her. Trying to remain calm until delivery. Thanks for the appreciation.

Guess I should chime in here. I'm the guy that bought her. Trying to remain calm until delivery. Thanks for the appreciation.
Glad it found a good home. That listing had me truly weak at the knees all week.

If I were to have walked into a Chrysler dealer in '67 and special ordered a 300, this is REAL close to what it would have been..... Your car has an accompanying song (well, one that I picked out anyway....), and here it is:

Enjoy your "bronze doll...." and pleaseohpleaseohplease bring it to the Chrysler Nationals in July at Carlisle, PA. We'd love to see it, AND you can have your picture taken with all of us......
Oh yeah - welcome to the group.

Congrats on your purchase!
Owning a Turbine Bronze car myself, it is a tricky color to photograph.
Like a mood ring it changes shades lol!!
What caught my eye is the wierd tailpipe setup. Right side bent and left side straight out. Wassup wit dat?

I'm super excited. I'm a motorcycle nerd, but since my wife is too smart to climb on a bike, I've been thinking about adding a new toy to the garage in the form a mid sixties full size American car. I've loved C bodies since I owned a '66 Monaco convertible in the late eighties. I was too young, dumb and poor for that project. But now, as an older, fatter (but not much smarter) man, I thought I'd try again.

I've been a lurker on this site on and off for couple of years and more seriously for the last few months. While I appreciate a wide range of vehicles, and a general love of sixties design, I still have a bias toward Mopars. This place has been the most useful resource for learning about these cars and I've been watching what slab side Cs are for sale for a while. Bring a Trailer has generally been just a good way to waste time at a virtual car show, but when this one popped up I got very excited. I figured I'd watch closely, learn more from the comment thread and see what it would sell for. Then as the bids did not go too very high, my wife urged me to register the day before the auction ended. I was flabbergasted when I won.

Now I'm waiting for it to be picked up and shipped. The car is in California and I live outside Ithaca NY. I'm trying to remain calm and mature, but I feel like a six year old waiting for Santa.
I will post pictures when she arrives. I have questions and I'm sure I'll have many more. If possible I would like to go to Carlisle this summer. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and driving "The Bronze Doll".

Now I think I ought to mix a martini, crank up that Al Caiola tune and look at those BaT pictures yet again.

I'm super excited. I'm a motorcycle nerd, but since my wife is too smart to climb on a bike, I've been thinking about adding a new toy to the garage in the form a mid sixties full size American car. I've loved C bodies since I owned a '66 Monaco convertible in the late eighties. I was too young, dumb and poor for that project. But now, as an older, fatter (but not much smarter) man, I thought I'd try again.

I've been a lurker on this site on and off for couple of years and more seriously for the last few months. While I appreciate a wide range of vehicles, and a general love of sixties design, I still have a bias toward Mopars. This place has been the most useful resource for learning about these cars and I've been watching what slab side Cs are for sale for a while. Bring a Trailer has generally been just a good way to waste time at a virtual car show, but when this one popped up I got very excited. I figured I'd watch closely, learn more from the comment thread and see what it would sell for. Then as the bids did not go too very high, my wife urged me to register the day before the auction ended. I was flabbergasted when I won.

Now I'm waiting for it to be picked up and shipped. The car is in California and I live outside Ithaca NY. I'm trying to remain calm and mature, but I feel like a six year old waiting for Santa.
I will post pictures when she arrives. I have questions and I'm sure I'll have many more. If possible I would like to go to Carlisle this summer. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and driving "The Bronze Doll".

Now I think I ought to mix a martini, crank up that Al Caiola tune and look at those BaT pictures yet again.
I know Ithica..I am north of Watertown in Ontario Canada. Lol!
Be sure to show your car at the CNY Mopar Madness show in Liverpool just next to Syracuse. I am going to be there this year as long as covid does not shut the border!

FB_IMG_1636089483226.jpg

What caught my eye is the wierd tailpipe setup. Right side bent and left side straight out. Wassup wit dat?
Exhaust man didn't do the tailpipe right, the kickout at the end is so the tailpipes are evenly spaced from the license plate (center). Without that end kickout and if it went straight it would be too close to the license plate. The 1968's right side had a kick to the right just over the axle hump down to the lower shock so the tailpipe would exit straight out along the frame rail (under it).
I'm in the middle of saving some of these pictures and don't have time to go through my 1968 Fury factory exhaust pics for reference. I may have some pictures of NOS 1968 Fury pipes that should be the same. Nice done up car but I sure hope the buyer doesn't think it has 77k on it.

Back