67 Fury II Wagon Gas tank

Guy I bought the car from says he never filled it all the way because it would leak and the gas gauge doesn’t work

Guy I bought the car from says he never filled it all the way because it would leak and the gas gauge doesn’t work
Yep if it's leaking you will need a new one or a good used one. They are specific to the wagon. Don't toss your old one till you find another.

Here is a Option.

Its funny I was cleaning out the wheel well area yesterday and said to myself " Self why not try to stick a tank in here!"
Its definatly beyond my abilities right now.

was that car originally from western Nassau county long island about 8 years ago. I remember a similar car their. guy who was selling said same thing about the gas tank. It was a nice car. the guy who owned it then if the same used to have a bunch of wagons filled with tv sets and ladders on the roofs. He parked them all over the place. At one time he had around 10 wagons. He was an interesting character if the same. If that guy had one mopar he has easily owned a hundred over the years.

Since wagon tanks sit vertical there is less surface area on the bottom so the dirt and sludge and moisture are concentrated in a smaller area. I think that's why there's almost no such thing as a wagon tank that doesn't leak. I've probably had 20 wagons over the years and only a few that didn't leak from pinholes on the bottom.

Back