67 Polara 500 convertible

Those are kind of spendy at $40 each. I don’t think I paid that much for the complete new felts with the fasteners.

CHRY32230-PAIR
$75 for the pair and 4 clips.

I would still try the dealer, I am seeing posts in my searches where they were still available in 2015.

Last edited:
Simply gorgeous. I agree those wheel covers really suit the car. You've absolutely nailed the look in my opinion.

image.jpg
The clips are 3 pieces.
Original on the bottom. One of the new Mopar clips on top. I have one leftover because I couldn’t find it when assembling. I had to use one old plastic piece.

If I blow up their photo and lay my pieces on top the size, plastic and pins match. It is just the new ones have a little taper on the end where the old are straight.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Found this today in the stash. NOS,but has some shelf damage to the needle instruments.
If yours is faded or yellowed? Maybe u can fix it?
FREE + postage

dsc05167-jpg.jpg

Maybe a "pressure equalization" hole. Perhaps the PO drilled it to aid when closing the door because of air being trapped inside like a bladder from the convertible top. Or to prevent the billowing effect on the top when driving at speed?
I don't know just a thought.. it's early...what can I say?
Definitely not factory and I hope it doesn't whistle when you're driving and make you nuts! :rofl:

[QUOTE="78Brougham,
Maybe a "pressure equalization" hole. Perhaps the PO drilled it to aid when closing the door because of air being trapped inside like a bladder from the convertible top. Or to prevent the billowing effect on the top when driving at speed?
I don't know just a thought.. it's early...what can I say?
Definitely not factory and I hope it doesn't whistle when you're driving and make you nuts! QUOTE]

It's been established that this is OEM and provides a mount position for a glass glide. Thanks though.
:lol:

Made a "shake down" cruise in the Polara today. Drove 130 miles with no issues. First time she has been on the road since 1974. I drove over to where my 61 Fury is hibernating and got some great pointers on bringing back the finish on the oxidized original paint from my body/paint guru.
A scrub down with Comet cleanser, another wash with Dawn detergent and ready for the buffing sequence using a, (very expensive), 3M rubbing compound.
I am going to try and drive her home this week if I can convince my brother to follow me and bring me back for my pick up.
Will have some pictures once I get home.

Made a "shake down" cruise in the Polara today. Drove 130 miles with no issues. First time she has been on the road since 1974. I drove over to where my 61 Fury is hibernating and got some great pointers on bringing back the finish on the oxidized original paint from my body/paint guru.
A scrub down with Comet cleanser, another wash with Dawn detergent and ready for the buffing sequence using a, (very expensive), 3M rubbing compound.
I am going to try and drive her home this week if I can convince my brother to follow me and bring me back for my pick up.
Will have some pictures once I get home.
I have heard of one other guy that swears by the "Comet" wash. I have never tried it myself.

I used the comet designed for use on countertops. Not only does not scratch the surface but will remove minute scratch's in the paint surface. Did it yesterday. I wet the surface, sprinkled Comet on, scrubbed with a soft brush and wash rag then rinsed. Followed up with a wash with Dawn detergent. It removed all the remaining oxidation which will make the compound rub much easier.
My guru Mark gave me a 3M product with enough remaining to test. Its not an abrasive but a chemical, (36060...$$43.00 a quart, cheapest I could find.)

The Polara is ready for the road. I had a slight coolant leak at the rad lower hose, fixed with a new clamp. A slight pull to the left when braking, adjustment. No other issues. I think front shocks and an alignment are in the near future.
My brother couldn't get away so I had to leave the car there. He's a homebody and it's 5 1/2 hours to here. He needs to plan that. Hope to have it home by the end of the month.

A few pictures, after the comet treatment and a test buff of the hood........ I captured a nice shot of the hose too.

DSC05177.JPG
DSC05178.JPG
DSC05179.JPG
DSC05181.JPG
DSC05184.JPG

I used the comet designed for use on countertops. Not only does not scratch the surface but will remove minute scratch's in the paint surface. Did it yesterday. I wet the surface, sprinkled Comet on, scrubbed with a soft brush and wash rag then rinsed. Followed up with a wash with Dawn detergent. It removed all the remaining oxidation which will make the compound rub much easier.
My guru Mark gave me a 3M product with enough remaining to test. Its not an abrasive but a chemical, (36060...$$43.00 a quart, cheapest I could find.)

The Polara is ready for the road. I had a slight coolant leak at the rad lower hose, fixed with a new clamp. A slight pull to the left when braking, adjustment. No other issues. I think front shocks and an alignment are in the near future.
My brother couldn't get away so I had to leave the car there. He's a homebody and it's 5 1/2 hours to here. He needs to plan that. Hope to have it home by the end of the month.

A few pictures, after the comet treatment and a test buff of the hood........ I captured a nice shot of the hose too.

View attachment 343842 View attachment 343843 View attachment 343845 View attachment 343846 View attachment 343847
:wideyed:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back