67 Polara 500 convertible

dsc05043-jpg.jpg

Here is the back of the clock Matt. Do you think the barrel nut would fit over the stem and engage the threads?

Excellent work Will!

I dont pop in over here on the slab years much, but I am glad I did! Nice car! Will it be coming to Carlisle in 2020?

I just spent the last week finalizing the mechanical resurrection on the Polara, topped off with an oil change. I'll need to come back next week for a shakedown cruise, before taking her home for phase II, cosmetic and detailing. I'll have some new pictures posted, probably Monday once I get back home.

I still need a shake down cruise but she seems to be road ready.
The dash is all reassembled, I think these wheel covers have found a permanent home. The center arm rest/buddy seat I got at Carlisle and a bunch of detail items done.
46 years of storage is tough on an old car. I had to overcome a bunch of minor electrical issues, mostly corroded contacts. Everything, (except the panel lamps), are working fine now. Looks like I will need a new panel lamp switch.
Probably will need a week for my hands to heal after working inside the dash area.
A couple more pictures.

DSC05166.JPG
arm rest.JPG
DSC05162.JPG
DSC05161.JPG
DSC05169.JPG

I discovered this just the other day. I don't know how I overlooked it before now, or..... why? It's in the driver door glass, at the top next to the vent wing.
DSC05167.JPG
DSC05168.JPG

Your window felt strip is loose or missing. You can kind of see the shadow of the hole in my window

image.jpg

My old felts

image.jpg

It helps hold the glass in the front channel as well.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Held on by these. The dealer actually had these felts in stock 12 years ago. I have the more modern p/n somewhere
image.jpg

Found it. I think they were fairly generic. Front glass glide. The holes were not in the new felts I had to melt them in. They did come with new plastic fasteners.
image.jpg

Found it. I think they were fairly generic. Front glass glide. The holes were not in the new felts I had to melt them in. They did come with new plastic fasteners.
View attachment 337556
Just to verify, that is the modern part #? If so thank you very much. I've been looking and couldn't find them. Never thought to check with Chrysler parts dept. :thumbsup:

Just to verify, that is the modern part #? If so thank you very much. I've been looking and couldn't find them. Never thought to check with Chrysler parts dept. :thumbsup:
Yes that is the modern number At least what it crossed to in 2007. You can even see the date the label was printed.
Need qty 2. ‘68 Polara 2dr HT, but I believe it must have been used in a lot more due to the newer numbers

Back