67 Polara 500 convertible

Making a feller rethink his hardcore hardtop stance.

It’s funny, almost every damned 67-68 Dodge I ever rode in had a trashed pass side vent window regulator. Only one that didn’t was my 68.

Angry smokers love riding in the 67-68 dodge full size cars.

There's just something about being out in the open, cruising down the road. I got the convertible bug in the 60's with a 57 Chevy vert. Could never shake it. Same with station wagons.

Now there are two options..... Top goes down, or it has a tailgate. No others need apply.

DSC05384.JPG

I wish the paint on our Polara was that nice!
Great job...I'm a bit envious!

I got a quote to reupholster both front seats today and decided to go with it. I pulled them out and will deliver them to him tomorrow AM. He says 1-2 weeks so she'll have new seats for the Big Easy show in March.
I also removed the rear seat for cleaning and found three more broadcast sheets. One in the seat bottom with info hand written on the back of a blank sheet and two more in the rear seat back. One printed and the other also a blank with car info hand written on the back. Never seen that before. Also a past resident. I removed the carpet to let it dry out, floors look great. In the spirit of maintaining originality I'll clean and reinstall the original carpet.
The rear seat speaker grille is kinda beat up but I'll try to straighten it as best I can. I ran speaker wires to the rear when I installed the new radio and front speaker so I'll install a two way 6 x 9 that I have. See how that works.

seats 1.JPG
seats 2.JPG
DSC05447.JPG
DSC05448.JPG
DSC05449.JPG
DSC05450.JPG
DSC05451.JPG
past resident.JPG

DSC05449.JPG

I always come up with a name for my cars, usually based on their character, or something from their past.
I've been thinking about a name for this Polara. Because it has spent 46 years in storage, and the best part of the last year being slowly brought back to life, I'm thinking "SLEEPER" might be appropriate.
It's not official yet. I'll wait until after the New Orleans trip. It may change to "*****" by then.

"Rip Van Winkle" Another Character with a history of sleeping in.

I always come up with a name for my cars, usually based on their character, or something from their past.
I've been thinking about a name for this Polara. Because it has spent 46 years in storage, and the best part of the last year being slowly brought back to life, I'm thinking "SLEEPER" might be appropriate.
It's not official yet. I'll wait until after the New Orleans trip. It may change to "*****" by then.
I too name all of my vehicles.

1973 International Harvester model 666: Lucifer
1968 Plymouth Fury II 318 auto: Elwood
1969 Plymouth Fury III vert 318 auto: Shamu
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 302 4SP: Tigger
1965 Ford Ranchero 289 auto: Ringo
1967 Corvair vert 110 HP power glide: Rusty
2000 F250 4Dr 4WD 7.3L TD auto: Doug
2000 F250 4Dr 2WD 5.4L auto: Union
2003 F250 4Dr 4WD 7.3L TD auto: Phoenix
2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 400HP Cummins TD pusher: Bruno
2015 Ford Fiesta 1.6L 5sp: Farty

How many were there originally in the car? The car looks like it is coming along very nicely and it looks fantastic. Great work!:thumbsup:

Thank you. I found a total of 6 broadcast sheets, 7 if you count the one on a 1969 sheet with codes for a totally different car. Not sure how a 1969 broadcast sheet with a VIN of PL45F91 found it's way into the front seat back of a 1967 VIN DM27H74 car.

DSC04824.JPG

The BC sheet facing you is one of the 6 correct ones for my car . The BC sheet in the springs is a 1969 sheet for a different car, and printed in red. This is the driver side seat. As I found them.
Any theories?

Last edited:
I found a total of 6 broadcast sheets, 7 if you count the one on a 1969 sheet with codes for a totally different car. Not sure how a 1969 broadcast sheet with a VIN of PL45F91 found it's way into the front seat back of a 1967 VIN DM27H74 car

Hold up :stop:, wait you said 6 BC sheets?! Holy you know what. :eek: I never thought you could find 6 sheets in one car. What is the most broadcast sheets someone has ever found in a car anyone know? Very very interesting that there was a '69 BC sheet in a car that was built 2 years earlier in '67. Maybe the P.O. had a 69 Fury when he had your car too?

The "69 Sheet" you show in the picture isn't from a 1967. The Broadcast Sheets totally changed in 1969 and this doesn't resemble that. Maybe a typo on the sheet?

The "69 Sheet" you show in the picture isn't from a 1967. The Broadcast Sheets totally changed in 1969 and this doesn't resemble that. Maybe a typo on the sheet?

I am aware of that, I know it is a 69 sheet. The vehicle info on it is a 69 Plymouth. I don't think it is a typo. I have no idea how a 69 broadcast sheet would find it's way into a 67 Dodge. This old Dodge is hiding a lot of secrets.

Here is a scan of a blank 1967 Broadcast sheet, (my vehicle info is hand written on the back side). One of two blanks found in the car. Someone with a 67 and missing a broadcast sheet may be able to copy this blank to recreate one for their car.

1967 broadcast sheet blank.jpg

Back