67 Polara Carter 2BBD Carb Choke Thermostat Configuration.

RogueOne

Reaction score
I am sure I reassembled this Carter 2BBD Carb Choke Thermostat wrong. I can't find anything about it in the service manual for 67. What "O'Clock" should I tighten down the hub of the spring thermostat? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

You might look at the carb linkage and choke linkage illustrations in the FSM to see which way if "open"/hot and "closed/cold". Generally, the thermostats do not need to be disassembled, just readjusted with time. The thermostat spring will tigthen a bit with extended age, so setting it a mark leaner than specs might be needed.

The link above has good information. I would add the following. your second picture shows a slot in the assembly shaft. If you turn this clockwise just enough to close the choke completely when the engine is cold, that will get you started. The choke pull-off (vacuum kick) should be set to spec. per FSM. From this, you will need to fine tune- clockwise if choke is opening too soon, counter if too late. It worked for me. Lindsay

Back