'68 300 convertible from the barn

emsteere

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently picked up a '68 300 convertible and plan on gradual restoration. It has not seen the light of day for more than 30 years, so I have a lot of mechanicals to restore and update before the rest. The body is near perfect and all the chrome is there too. The bumpers and mirror chrome is rough, so will be looking for a good deal on rechroming too.

30+ years ago I was a full time Mopar junkie and had several models, but that passed and now I have returned. Really looking forward to getting this one running like new.

Ed

IMG_20150822_195026.jpg

IMG_20150822_195026.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Thank god for the white top, it makes that green look fantastic! More pics please.

Hey ! Welcome to the site. Very neat car you have there. Also, its good to see another guy from the PROM.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ......... :welcome:. She's a beauty.

Tri City plating in Elizabethton Tenn is the best for bumpers. They don't plate pot metal though.

Half a days drive for me, not to bad, I'll have to check them out when the time comes.

Good to know. I imagine this is a better choice than the "Bumper Boyz"? Also didn't know there was a Fall Carlisle....

Silver paint is a better choice then "Bumper Boyz".

Fall Carlisle is one of the original Carlisle events along with spring and summer Carlisle. Started back in 72 I believe.
I was hooked up with a Packard parts dealer then. We would load up in Detroit, set up for Fall Carlisle and go on to the AACA Hershey event the following weekend. Two weeks on the road, A great time.

Last edited:
We would load up in Detroit, set up for Fall Carlisle and go on to the AACA Hershey event the following weekend. Two weeks on the road, A great time.
You always have a good time.
You have a great life. My hat goes off to you.

Back