68 Cornering Lamp Bulb Replacement

glenbeigh196

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Gents: Struggling a bit with getting the grill extension off of the 68 that the cornering lamp hides behind so I can replace the bulb. The parts manual, Mitchell collision sheets and FSM have been no help here. Looks like there are what I will call "ears" for lack of a better description that tuck behind the rest of the grill. Have taken out the screws I can see, but no movement and I don't want to start prying on this stuff. How much disassembly do I have to do to get this fothermucker off? I can only make out three clearly visible screws on the top of the extension. Anyone have a count as to how many I should be looking for and where these rascals might be?

Many thanks.

When asking a question of a specific item would be nice to specify what car....

A 1968,, what?

Is the headlight assembly possibly giving you an obstacle? Do not quote me, but it may "share" screws with the part that you try to get off. BTW I`d like to see pics of the whole car as I like the grille with horizontal bars on 68 Imps.

My ‘67 comes apart very easily so the ‘68 must be completely different.

HPIM0643.JPG

There are three screws easily visible on that top bright strip. One each on the inside and outside and one right on the nose, but none on the bottom that I can see. I'll check the headlight assembly to see if that might be pinning it in.

There's one more screw hidden behind the headlamp bezel, so that will need to come off first. I just looked at one in my parts collection, and there's four screws total that hold it on.

Back