'68 finally done... at least mostly.

Oh my.. never would have thought it had that color on the inside. It's an M an M, rich chocolate on the inside with a candy colored shell. More pic's.
Good analogy on the M&M's... but it may be closer to a Ferrero Rocher. The 2-tone interior is chestnut brown and I believe what was called champagne gold. The vinyl top on the car looks almost black in the pictures, but it also chestnut brown.

Very nice car you got there.

Look at the van in the background. I know it's not a match, but I thought it was neat the positioning.

1655741955973.png

The exterior paint almost looks like Turbine Bronze. Regardless, the interior and exterior are stunning. Would you like to turn it over to me to take care of from this point forward.

The exterior paint almost looks like Turbine Bronze. Regardless, the interior and exterior are stunning. Would you like to turn it over to me to take care of from this point forward.

The color is TT1: Turbine Bronze. I love how the color seems to change under different lighting and intensities...

Beautiful car as well as the color. My wife and I both drooled all over the pictures. You might want to check your color code. I was looking through my PPG color book and MM 1 is Turbine Bronze Poly, while TT 1 is Meadow Green Poly.

Thanks for the post,

Beautiful car as well as the color. My wife and I both drooled all over the pictures. You might want to check your color code. I was looking through my PPG color book and MM 1 is Turbine Bronze Poly, while TT 1 is Meadow Green Poly.

Thanks for the post,
Oops... you are correct... MM-1...
IMG_20220623_092859103.jpg

Sitting here trying to decide what color to paint the inset color of my 1992 dodge D150 (is gray now) and looking at your Imp. made me think this might be the color we were looking for. It is hard to tell from a color chip if a color is going to work as a contrasting color. This will be the wife's truck. It will have a engine transplant (318 to 440) among other things. If the color works out may paint a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer the same color being it is a single stage paint and can put a clear coat over the top and not worry if the clear coat peels that there will be no more shine to the paint.

Sitting here trying to decide what color to paint the inset color of my 1992 dodge D150 (is gray now) and looking at your Imp. made me think this might be the color we were looking for. It is hard to tell from a color chip if a color is going to work as a contrasting color. This will be the wife's truck. It will have a engine transplant (318 to 440) among other things. If the color works out may paint a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer the same color being it is a single stage paint and can put a clear coat over the top and not worry if the clear coat peels that there will be no more shine to the paint.

The old color chips actually don't do enough justice for this color. The color changes wildly depending on type of lightning and just how intense it is. Under very low light, it appears like a dark metallic brown. Under intense sunlight, it's more like a bright copper orange.

There is a newer Mopar color out there that was made in the mid to late 90s that looks very similar. I believe its called Amber Fire metallic. It is a little brighter and looks more like the Turbine Bronze under intense sunlight.

Last edited:
The old color chips actually don't do enough justice for this color. The color changes wildly depending on type of lightning and just how intense it is. Under very low light, it appears like a dark metallic brown. Under intense sunlight, it's more like a bright copper orange.

There is a newer Mopar color out there that was made in the mid to late 90s that looks very similar. I believe its called Amber Fire metallic. It is a little brighter and looks more like the Turbine Bronze under intense sunlight.
I too had searched for a color for my 65 Mustang.
I had originally planned to have it painted Dodge Salsa Red. I then spotted a Range Rover Discovery on my way home from work and was stuck on that color. It was called Kinversand and contained a lot of gold, yellow and white pearl in it. (The painter said that it was $75.00 per quart). Unbeknownst to me, Ford had a color very similar to what I chose- Emberglow. However, I am very pleased with what I chose.

Salsa Red
A277A0E7-F508-4392-8C00-04B638098106.jpeg

Emberglow
8E204C1B-183F-4843-BEFD-6B7AEF3DCCFB.jpeg

Kinversand
3B597124-0BD2-4845-B59A-E4096905E16C.jpeg

My 65 Mustang (Kinversand)
6390E4ED-EF6D-40FD-8739-D42E32D28CFF.jpeg

Back