'68 Fury III 4dr sedan, 383 2v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Reaction score
Contact seller
I met a little "spitfire" 80 something y/o lady that is selling her 68 Fury III sedan. She and her late husband are the original purchaser/owners. After briefly looking at the car, I told her my opinion in value was about $2,500 .... she scoffed and said $4,000. Not about to argue with one from the "greatest generation", I said "yes ma'am" and offered to post it here for her. If anyone is seriously interested, I can give more details and arrange better and more pics (although I don't have free access to a lift), etc..

542.jpg

544.jpg

545.jpg

546.jpg

547.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

Ron, Nice of you to list it for them on the site. It looks super clean, that's a nice looking fury and IMO definitely worth at least 5K if 100% rust free. Miles wouldn't matter to me much if the overall condition is as good as it appears. The only red flag I would have is that it possibly may have lived all it's life in the east. I would just be extra cautious and look at the undercarriage and the typical areas prone to rust closely. If the undercarriage looks close to the condition of the rest of the car in the pic, it would be a go for me. Looks like a pretty decent Fury. Thanks for posting it.

That's a very nice Fury. Shouldn't have any problem getting $4k for it.

Car is in Roanoke, VA.. Give you a quick rundown on what my old brain can remember from Saturday.

I did NOT drive the car on the road. Only area of repair I found in my brief look, is the bottom 4 or so inches of the drivers quarter behind the wheel that has bondo. Could not see the repair from my quick look in the trunk. Original trunk mat is missing, but they had unglued "mat" in it's place. No through rust in trunk noticed. The rest appears to be original paint with expected scratches, etc., for it's 45 y/o age. All chrome trim is there and servicable but not perfect. Car fired right up, ran very smooth. My guess is compression is pretty even across all cylinders. Trans shifted back and forth from D to R smootly, no clunks from trans or u-joints. Power steering went smoothly, one finger, lock to lock w/o any glitches. Elsie said she hasn't had AC serviced recently ... I failed to check if it worked. All glass is intact, no cracks that I remember. Windlass trim is pretty "frazzled" and needs to be replaced. There appears to be some minor moisture stains on rear package tray edges ... condensation?... but no rust around front or rear glass. Power drum brakes, no leak down of pedal under various pressures applied. I would bet a bundle there is an original build sheet or two in the car. Didn't look for the certicard ... damn it man!! She has a clear VA. title ... she made sure I saw it, with the original dealer bill of sale.

There you have it ... brain empty. More than happy to investigate further for someone and use your punch list. I'm sure Elsie wouldn't mind a test drive and a slew of detailed pictures. I work evenings 3p - 11p Monday - Friday and am out of circulation during those hours. Any other times are pretty flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back