68 newport vac diagram

Tonybkel@newulmte

Reaction score
I have been searching for a vacuum line map for the heater on a 68 Newport, the manual only has one for air conditioning not the heater alone. I can only see the need for 5 lines with one being supply from intake manifold or brake booster, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I did learn looking through many manuals that the top middle port on the back of the controller is the feed for the vacuum system from the engine, but all the other numbered ports were not identified, I looked at 59,65,66 with no results, anyone have more info on this? The bank coming off the controller has seven ports with one being feed that leaves 6 more with the heater on the 68 newport only having room for 4 not counting water valve.Thanks

Did you look in Section 1 Accessories? Might be something for Heater only systems. I don't have 68 Chrysler book. The ones I have for the lower line cars show the system as being operated by cables, not vacuum.

What I found in the 68 manual today was a diagram for air conditioning models, nothing for standard heating, I did follow it and plugged the 2 extra lines, as there are only 2 diaphrams on this heater box. I am wondering if they are for a water valve we found on the 300 parts car, but there are no holes in the fenderwell for the valve to be mounted and most picutres I have seen of newports there is no water valve.

Good, thanks, any idea as to where the other 2 vacuum lines go from the heater control on a non ac car?

Back