Separate names with a comma.
You'll hit your final four in 2-3 months.
I did an initial front end alignment yesterday. I didn’t have a full tank of gas so w loaded my trunk up with about 70-80 extra lbs. I also have to put on my new LH side wheels. Once I get the exhaust finished and a full tank of gas I will do a quick re- check. Plus I discovered I didn’t have a washer in the right place on my alignment brackets, so maybe about 0.20 degrees off.
I used a QuickTrick pro alignment kit that I bought last year. Instructions were all words with no reference pictures, so it took some deductive reasoning to figure it out. Also for the money I paid for it there’s a couple of things they could have done better on.
Once I get my wheels on and full tank of fuel I will do a write up on the procedure and process. Ride height first, then camber and castor, then tow in. The camber camber is easy, but castor takes a little bit of logic while adjusting the camber to get the upper control arm in the correct position.
Note the plexiglass sliders for the tires.
I believe I have read about the Quick trick in Hot Rod or Car Craft, they should have done a better job with instructions. Not everyone that buy's the kit has vast automotive knowledge. I want clear pic's and detailed instructions.
Took it for a drive around the block. I Need a new vacuum advance diaphragm and may need some carburetor work. And idle speed adjustments.
Update to Hit list completed items in bold.
De anodize and detail the rest of aluminum belt line trim.
Remove rear seat and sail panels.
Sew on seat belt tags and install.
Install remaining belt line trim.
Install sail panel insulation and reinstall
Install plastic sheeting and plugs on doors rear complete.
Add chrome tape to door panels
Install door panels.
Re Install rear seat.
Install the interior headliner and windshield / window trim
Arm rests door latches and window rollers.
Install radio, glove box and remaining dash plates
Detail taillight and filler panel chrome and install
Detail headlight surround, install headlights
Install dipstick tube
Adjust power steering gear
Take to exhaust shop for Y and intermediate pipe
Fill with gas
Out side picture and video after I took it around the block. Now I need to finish my door trim panels, strip my trim and get it to the exhaust shop.
I used. Chrome tape to replace the old vacuum chrome on the door panels. I think it will work ok. It would be easier if the strips came off but they are embedded pretty good. I just hav to line up the top and slowly press it down. You can see the peeling original to the right.
I have to do something different with my windlass. The purple they sent me isn’t going to cut it. I do hav some left over headliner material. Maybe I may use that until I find the right color. Supposedly this was as close as SMS had?
Awesome work. Just outstanding.
Wow what an awesome looking car, thanks for sharing
I re- made my windlass today using a leftover piece of my headliner. I think I actually like it. Because of the pattern it actually looks kind of close to my original.
Rear back almost put back together. Package tray, sail panels, windlass, and rear door panels. Seat belt installation next. Waiting for my tags to sew on my seat belts before I install.
You have a lot of skill and are doing a very high end restoration. Impressive.
Exhaust work scheduled for next Thursday, vacuum advance parts on their way (thanks @halifaxhops ), radio conversion complete and should be here Friday. Checking things off the list.
Wanted to wait until I got my center caps to put my new wheels on the left side, but 2 have been back ordered from JEGS ( Wheelvintiques) since January. Called Wheelvintiques and they told me they are in between suppliers and don’t have a source or shipping date at this time.
Coming along great, minor setback with the center caps. Keep at it.
Today was like Christmas when I got home. I received news that North Star plating finished my pot metal plating. Headlight surrounds, grill, tail light filler panel and tail light bezels. They struggled with my headlight surround, but finally got it on try 13. Should ship Monday.
Also received the Aurora conversion of my radio from Gary Tayman, vacuum advance and extra points and condenser from @halifaxhops.
Arm rest bezels, and rear window cranks, and some tags from @dart4forte.
Right now my nemesis is my left front wheel well trim. Which I have been looking 10 years for and still have not found. I guess I need to learn to bump aluminum and try to take the rock dents out of my old.
13 is a good number!
Mother Fruther. Chrysler did not think about making the glove box easy to replace or install without taking apart the dash. I had a repro glove compartment kit from REM. You cannot slide it under the dash and you cannot slide it in from the front. ( without some distortion. Opening is about 5” tall and box is 5-1/4” tall. My first step should have been to fold in the lower front part. I had to compress the sides and force it in. Not much room behind it either. I got it in to find that REM only had half of the holes in alignment. Was able to pry the screw tabs off and put them where they belong.
Radio in and working. FM actually worked without an antenna. Blue tooth also working. I haven’t tried the microphone for hands free calling yet, but ran the cord under the windshield trim.
Seat belts remade, detailed the hardware and sewed on some original looking parts tags. Have to mess around some more with my right retractor. It seems to have expanded and doesn’t want to roll up as nice as the driver side.
Old and new side by side and tag on