68 Sport Fury 4 speed

Every day I walk into work and there are a number of 100 - 160 ton presses knocking out damned pipe hangers .. if only I had the proper tooling and materials, I'd be popping C body panels all night long.

Yup, they are hand made using simple tools. Manufacturer (if you can call it that way) is trying to avoid this discussion, but they admitted it on the phone...

Yea, I bought mine from Goodmark so I figured they had to be of reasonable quality. Wrong! The painter cut them up and refabricated the skin to fit. Not a point of pride by any means for my car. But it's a driver

There's more Beefheart fans on here than you know, Fury. Wasn't it you posting up some Slade on this forum somewhere too?
No sir, That was not me. But Slade and Beefheart still ignored by the R&R Hall. I wish they went by infulence and not Popularity.

Well I would say that this is a lesson learned. I mocked em up yesterday and thought, "hum, this doesn't seem quite right". So short of finding a 68 with good quarters for parts, what are my options? And thank you to everyone providing feedback on these panels. I'm going to message the seller and see what options I have but sounds like you all have had this discussion already so wish me luck. May end up with some sheetmetal I can't use and a damaged porch from where UPS dropped it Wednesday. That's called going backwards.

Good luck, find a 68 with workable metal. Call Wildcat in Oregon or Moore's Auto Wrecking in SD. Murray Park is always a trusted source.

Broke 5 drill bits and my 1/4 punch trying to remove the rag joint pin to pull the steering column. Needs heat but I'm thirsty and am going to put it off for now. Oh well.

Broke 5 drill bits and my 1/4 punch trying to remove the rag joint pin to pull the steering column. Needs heat but I'm thirsty and am going to put it off for now. Oh well.
Funny how stuff like that makes you thirsty. I hear ya. Better luck tomorrow!

If you can't send them back, let me know if you want to part with those panels, Commandough. Maybe post some pictures of the ill fit. I (or another member) might be able to cut them up. I've avoided them, but I think I might be able to make them work for what I'm looking for. I've been on the hunt for quarters for years. There used to be panels that went forward of the well to almost the door. I have a car that has them on it (I didn't hang them). They look even worse than the ones you bought.

Turner's in San Diego has them, but they're $750 a side plus freight (about $700 for me). They are full cuts, though (inner wells, rocker, extension). $2200 wasn't in my budget, so I looked until a finally found this one (see pic)--which still needs a fair amount of work. Mine has been hit on the passenger side, so a rusty straight panel is preferable to a more rusty crumpled one full of putty.

Your other option is to scab in a 4 door quarter. Not ideal, but I was seriously considering it (still am). The pickin's is slim, my friend.

cut_lines.jpg

Last edited:
My Fury 3 has rot on the quarters but it's mostly low whereas the Sport Fury had a tire blow and it pretty well mangled the passenger side. My thought as of now was to cut the whole quarter from back to front off the Sport and cut the whole quarter off the 3. I could then switch them over to the Sport and use the patch panel to patch the lowers only. I think as long as I am only using them to patch and not as entire skins I might be better off.
I also have the trunk pan and extensions to consider plus I need to evaluate my wheel wells and see if they are OK. Kinda patchwork but I am with everyone after mock up that these panels will not do as a whole.

Anyone done any digging to find out production numbers for a 4 speed 1968 Sport Fury? I'm sure there were several built but I wonder how many were special ordered with an L Code 440 HP plus power disc brakes and a sure grip? Also no A/C. The current owner is dropping this off to the new owner (me) tonight and short of consulting Mr. Govier I would have to guess this is a low production option list. Be a whole lot cooler if the motor and trans were in the car but I don't think $300 would cover that. Thank in advance for any lead that might help.View attachment 114634
Nice car, good luck, you are ambitious.

Just ignorant enough to not know what I don't know. I'm like a pioneer, it's either going to pay off with every summer night after it's completed or I'm going to end up broke and ruined somewhere along the way. Thanks

Anyone done any digging to find out production numbers for a 4 speed 1968 Sport Fury? I'm sure there were several built but I wonder how many were special ordered with an L Code 440 HP plus power disc brakes and a sure grip? Also no A/C. The current owner is dropping this off to the new owner (me) tonight and short of consulting Mr. Govier I would have to guess this is a low production option list. Be a whole lot cooler if the motor and trans were in the car but I don't think $300 would cover that. Thank in advance for any lead that might help.View attachment 114634
i was going to buy that carat one point, when i got everything together to go pick it up he wouldn't return my calls and kept giving me the run around

For sale along with my 68 III. Focus shifted to my T&C Wagon and then the Dart, so this one just never got off the ground. I'm virtually giving them away at $2K for both, just think no one wants to handle the logistics of hauling off two rollers. Listed on FB in the Topeka area.

I understand all of that except for that Dart thing. :poke:
GLWS!
You have it FS on here also, right?

I do not. Why, would anyone on here be interested???? JK! I'll consider it. I tend to go through phases of being on this site every day for periods of time and then nothing at all. I've been in the nothing at all phase for a while which would explain why I spaced this.

Back