69 300 convertible

That gets my goat......they have no idea what anything is there since most of them are just there for a pay check. They read the rules then thump their chest to make a point. Its a god damn fun field, participant ballots. How many times have guys won 1st 2nd or 3rd there with the car waaayyyy out of class yet won? Answer...........too many.:gah:

Gosh man...... You need to lighten up a little. It's a car show.... The idea is to participate and have fun with others who share an interest. Whats the point of getting all bent out of shape over a cheap trophy...??? The way I see it is .... I already have my trophy..... My car..!!!!!

I give more credit to the guy who brings his #3 driver to a show and enjoys it then to the trailer queens, and even worse.... The guys who tell you.... "I've got a nicer car then that at home in the garage".

As far as the Carlisle staff go's....... They are a bunch of stand-up folks who bend over backwards to make the facility as nice as possible, respond to request's and always seem to act as professionals. I applaud them.

Enjoy the show.... You can get tophy's on eBay.

You missed the point by a billion miles.........

If the guy wants to park in the stock class because his car is stock and they wont let him then they arent stand up people. Its not about the trophy its about being able to park where where he wants to..."IN HIS CLASS". they set the standard they should follow it.

Since I have been at the Chrysler event every year since 1992 and at several spring and fall events since 1983 I dont need you to tell me how hard they work, they dont. Most of them are not car people they are there because its a job. if you dont know that then your out of touch.

You missed the point by a billion miles.........

If the guy wants to park in the stock class because his car is stock and they wont let him then they arent stand up people. Its not about the trophy its about being able to park where where he wants to..."IN HIS CLASS". they set the standard they should follow it.

Since I have been at the Chrysler event every year since 1992 and at several spring and fall events since 1983 I dont need you to tell me how hard they work, they dont. Most of them are not car people they are there because its a job. if you dont know that then your out of touch.

I agree. I'm going to be in the stock 74-78 C-Body class. I don't think anyone is going to tell me that I'm not stock qualified and that I have to move. I'm going to enjoy myself, take a couple of pictures of what my car is suppose to look like, and enjoy the weekend with my fellow C-Body buddies (on this forum) and anybody else that comes to the show.

:walk:

boy, you aren't wasting any time on that 300, are you Bluefury? Glad to hear you have found most of what you need. And i looks like I have found a car....about exactly what I wanted, deal is working right now but I haven't gotten the car delivered yet. hopefully the transport will go over w/o a hitch. Did you have any issues getting your car from jersey to down there?

boy, you aren't wasting any time on that 300, are you Bluefury? Glad to hear you have found most of what you need. And i looks like I have found a car....about exactly what I wanted, deal is working right now but I haven't gotten the car delivered yet. hopefully the transport will go over w/o a hitch. Did you have any issues getting your car from jersey to down there?

Glad you found what you wanted, :eusa_clap: nice examples are getting tough to locate anymore. What car did you end up finding...? Will it need work..?

The transport of my 300 from Jersey went pretty smooth. I used a broker in Florida who handled it in a very professional way. I had to wait a week because the seller was going to be out of town and they contacted me a couple of times during that week to see if it could be picked up early. The car was delivered in just over 24 hours from the time it was picked up, (almost 1000 miles), right to my front door and in great condition.

I'm really happy with the 300. It's basically an original unmosested car that has been well cared for but needed some TLC. I didn't want a serious project. Asside from the new carb the car needs nothing mechanical. Some minor body work, paint, chrome and some spit & polish and she will be a great driver.

Let us know how your transport experience turns out, and tell us about the new "BABY".

Will.

My new baby will be a 70 polara ragtop in R6 red, blk interior/top, road wheels and a bunch of other options..it has a full fender tag, to include pdb, pw, tilt,pdl, am/fm multiplex radio. As far as i'm concerned the deal isn't complete until the car gets here. It also looks to be in pretty good shape rust-wise, not needing a whole lot. It will need paint eventually and it needs a top and some interior work, but supposedly the 383-4 and tranny have been overhauled already.

Last edited:
Dang, I meant to say '69-'78 stock C-Body class at Carlisle.

:BangHead:

My new baby will be a 70 polara ragtop in R6 red, blk interior/top, road wheels and a bunch of other options..it has a full fender tag, to include pdb, pw, tilt,pdl, am/fm multiplex radio. As far as i'm concerned the deal isn't complete until the car gets here. It also looks to be in pretty good shape rust-wise, not needing a whole lot. It will need paint eventually and it needs a top and some interior work, but supposedly the 383-4 and tranny have been overhauled already.

Im VERY JEALOUS..........................

:hungry:

oh c'mon Dave.......your car is in much nicer shape than this one. I'm the one who is jealous. And actually, now that I looked at the paint chart it's going to be R-8 (burgundy poly).

darn it!

Last edited:
I'm still jealous........I wanted this car the first two times I saw it for sale five and six years ago. Its an awesome car...........

well now we will both have a '70 polara rag of an uncommon color....best part is, if that 383 is running like it should then I won't be able to tell the diff between that and a 440

well now we will both have a '70 polara rag of an uncommon color....best part is, if that 383 is running like it should then I won't be able to tell the diff between that and a 440

Yes you will, no comparison ...........and no offense.

but it's only 20 horse lower and the factory weight is abt 330 lbs lighter!

You are going to have to continue schooling me.........all I really want it the mid range pickup like my 300 had.

You should have went for a ride with me in my 71 last year at Carlisle, there is a difference. You'll like the 383-4 just the same. You didnt buy a polara to go fast be grateful you got a nice one and what you want.

I've owned both 383 and 440bbl cars..the 440's have always seem to have longer torque curve on the bottom end than the 383s....but that's not to say the 383 is a weakling; had one in a 71 Fury with A/C, and it pushed that big Plymouth quite vigorously from stop lights.:3gears:

Except for an uber overweight obese barge, I prefer a 383 - 2bbl.
Smooth and perfect torque curve for around the city. I love them.
And soooooooo easy to get them to idle like a Lexus (we you to say an American car but it's sadly a changed world).

Except for an uber overweight obese barge, I prefer a 383 - 2bbl.
Smooth and perfect torque curve for around the city. I love them.
And soooooooo easy to get them to idle like a Lexus (we you to say an American car but it's sadly a changed world).

Indeed it has.

Back