69 fury 318 single exhaust system

69mopar man

Reaction score
Hey Mopar folks, does anyone install exhaust system , single exhaust, from manifold all the way back? , does anyone know if there’s reproduction exhaust OE for a 69 fury? And finally can a novice with no experience do it?

And finally can a novice with no experience do it?
Well... Ever done exhaust work? It can be exhausting... (pun intended), but seriously, it's a PITA doing it on your back with a jacked up car. Chances are, if you are asking this question, you've never done it.

Since you are doing a complete job, it gets a little easier as you aren't trying to separate the old pipes that are rusted together. Removing the old can be done with a sawzall. Placing the new pipes in place can be a little tough getting them over the rear axle, so figure on getting the car pretty high in the air with no weight on the rear so it droops down.

IMHO, you may be farther ahead to have someone do the installation on a lift. They can hang the pipes, get them tucked up into place, make sure the new pipes don't hit anything and don't leak. If you want to do it yourself, it's not rocket surgery, but if I had to do it without a lift, I prefer to point and write a check.

Agree with Big John. Did my own 440 dual exhaust with a supposedly bolt in TTI kit. NOT!!!!!!
You are way ahead of the game on time getting a shop to weld in an exhaust. 318 could be 2 inch, so probably not that expensive.

Second for Waldron.
I purchased and installed a 383 single for a '65 Newport. Not bad at all. Make sure that your hangers are correct. The 'fits-all' types although cheaper may not allow the pipes/muffler to 'hang' properly.

Omni

I don’t have a B body, I have a C body, I’ll call and see if they have for c body 318 and find a shop to install

Back