72 Fury carburetor questions

warboy

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 72 Fury II with a 318 single barrel carburetor. I like to know if it's possible and would make sense to put on a two barrel carb. on there for a little more horse power? Do I need a different engine manifold?
Also currently has a single exhaust system ( need to be replace soon ) would make sense to put on a duel exhaust also ? I would greatly appreciate some guidance and input, thanks.

Hello, I have a 72 Fury II with a 318 single barrel carburetor. I like to know if it's possible and would make sense to put on a two barrel carb. on there for a little more horse power? Do I need a different engine manifold?
Also currently has a single exhaust system ( need to be replace soon ) would make sense to put on a duel exhaust also ? I would greatly appreciate some guidance and input, thanks.
Your 318 already should have the 2 barrel carb. Download a service manual for it here: Service Manuals – MyMopar Go in to the fuel section and that will explain what carb is on the car, provided it is the original carb.

Yes, it does kind of look like a single barrel externally, but look down the throat of the carb.

As far as dual exhaust, yes, that is good, but don't expect a huge change in how the car performs. I have a TTI system with Cadillac mufflers on my car ('70 300) and it's a nice setup.

Back