69 fury convertible electrical questions

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
winter project of trying to figure out the messed up wiring.
#1 can't figure out the convertible harness from the switch to the breaker to the motor. it's not the same as what shows in my manual. on the switch end i have a three wire connector,yellow,brown and red. the red is a bullet connector that is folded over and taped to the harness.about half way down the harness is a short tan wire with a female end. other end of the harness has a connector with tan ,brown and yellow. where does the power come from and where does the breaker fit in? am i missing connections somewhere?
#2 the power window harness. the small tan wire , which i assume feeds the relay,according to my manual connects between the main dash harness and the radio. can this be correct? doesn't seem logical to me. perhaps to provide a fused connection? on the body end of the harness is a red triple bullet connector that i can't find in the manual. what is this for? any ideas appreciated

ok, i have figured out some of this. apparently i have an early edition book and a late edition car. some changes were made along the way i guess.
#1 the convertible harness i have is missing the wire from the looped and taped off red to the breaker and the wire from the ammeter to the breaker. still not sure what the short tan/white out of the side of the harness is for. maybe nothing.
#2 can anyone confirm that the tan relay wire for the power windows connects to the radio supply? according to my manual the radio supply wires are tan, but mine are red. both the wire from harness and the wire from the radio are red.

Back