69 Imperial LeBaron sedan

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice Imp, can't wait to see more of it.

146020.gif

I hope I am not posting incorrectly, but I am hoping to make this post a continuation of my original thread on my 69 Imp LeBaron. I found more original photos and now have a handful showing her in the body shop ready for new paint. I have questions about correct paint color match for the interior plastic pieces (they are faded in spots) and assorted other questions that will surely be forthcoming. I am thinking they would best be posted as part of this ongoing thread but am unsure. You senior fellows can hopefully guide me as I am now able to spend some summer time on 'Ginger'. She is retaining her Q4 'Aguamarine' color and the only change I foresee is making the new vinyl roof white rather than the original black. The rear bumper has been straightened and rechromed and I found a tail light through Murray Park. Her dash is not too bad but is sticky (like tree sap) along the top. Her door panels are just a tad discolored along the top edges, the carpet is presentable, and the headliner is a goner. Seats... not bad but need attention at some point. Yikes! Spelling it out on here is making the job daunting! Anyway, here are some pics, the last three being her in the shop as of this morning.
DSCN0428.jpgDSCN0429.jpgDSCN0431.jpgDSCN0433.jpgDSCN0434.jpg
DSCN0463.jpgDSCN0464.jpgDSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

Very nice Imperial - it looks to be pretty low mileage. How many miles on it when you bought it?

I hope I am not posting incorrectly, but I am hoping to make this post a continuation of my original thread on my 69 Imp LeBaron. I found more original photos and now have a handful showing her in the body shop ready for new paint. I have questions about correct paint color match for the interior plastic pieces (they are faded in spots) and assorted other questions that will surely be forthcoming. I am thinking they would best be posted as part of this ongoing thread but am unsure. You senior fellows can hopefully guide me as I am now able to spend some summer time on 'Ginger'. She is retaining her Q4 'Aguamarine' color and the only change I foresee is making the new vinyl roof white rather than the original black. The rear bumper has been straightened and rechromed and I found a tail light through Murray Park. Her dash is not too bad but is sticky (like tree sap) along the top. Her door panels are just a tad discolored along the top edges, the carpet is presentable, and the headliner is a goner. Seats... not bad but need attention at some point. Yikes! Spelling it out on here is making the job daunting! Anyway, here are some pics, the last three being her in the shop as of this morning.

Very nice and yes I'd say you are doing a fine job.

She's got just over 90k original miles. Runs and drives great! I had new tires and shocks put on her and the gas tank boiled, popped in a new battery and she seems happy.

And I too am a fan of the color. I've not seen another like her even though I'm sure they exist.

Excellent, can't wait to see more of it.

Nice steering wheel :) you get the good model ( there is another one that is not a sucess ).
Dou you have a picture of the sequential signal installation ? ( in the rear left fender )

I can get some pics of the sequential 'mess' in the trunk when I go back to the body shop - probably tomorrow. Amazingly, this feature still works! Cool stuff. And yes, Xavier, the steering wheel in the 69 (without tilt and tele) is a great bonus! It is my favorite of the fuselage models.

Back