69 LeBaron eye candy

daveydave10

Reaction score
Always loved this car! Ori. from AZ, lived in MN for the past 20+ years. My Dad originally bought it to wreck it, until he saw how nice it was, so restored it instead. Drives effortlessly, like they should.

P1010036.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Great looking car. Never see too many of them around anymore. I love the cornering lamps.

That is my most wanted roofline on an Imp. Everybody hates it because it makes the Imp look too Newport-ish. I disagree. Remove the vinyl and it will look even better.

That is my most wanted roofline on an Imp. Everybody hates it because it makes the Imp look too Newport-ish. I disagree. Remove the vinyl and it will look even better.

I've always had a soft spot for boxy roof line cars, 64-68 imps, etc... but there is not a line, angle, or feature of this car that I don't love. It really has more of a muscle car look, imo. The grill, the roof line, sleek rear bumper, and the unique fish gill lamps only on the 69 are cherry.

He actually thought about not putting vinyl on when it was painted, but there's a huge rear window border insert piece that would need some body work to smooth it into the roof that he didn't want to deal with...so easy solution, put the vinyl back on. And having the vinyl reminded him of his 68 Charger he had back in high school, so that too.

Very gorgeous car...
Looks larger than normal with out the side moldings on it....

Gorgeous Car! Only the rims are not really fitting well imo.

I like the look without the side moldings, never thought of that..! Maybe I'll remove them too.

For removing the Vinyl roof, you would've to find a rear window from another model like a newport in exchange of the original formal window and the insert. I'm going this way on my project. The only thing I'm not sure about is the dome light because it will also be gone with the bigger window.

I wonder how it was done on the Crown Hardtops?! Never found interior pictures of one.

Thanks for saving it. I think Fuseys need the Imperial side trim, vinyl, skirts and factory wheel covers to look "right"...otherwise it loses some of the Imperial panache for me and starts looking too Newporty.

Just my personal slant...great car nonetheless.

Last edited:
Stunning car but I think I hear it begging for its original wheels with covers and whitewalls, shhhhh...do you hear it?

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments! It's my Dad's car, about 30 minutes north of St. Paul MN. He's been on and off about selling for about 10 years, mostly because the cars don't have any standard value, but more of just what people are currently paying for them...which I get, is the same as value, but I'm sure you know what I mean if you're into these cars.

Just talked to him again and he's getting close to pulling the trigger again, please pm me if you might be interested. I can set you up with him, get more pics and info, etc... He's not going to give it away, but I'm sure he'll sell it to where both parties feel good about it. He's a good guy.

Back