For Sale '69 Monaco 500 Vert Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to own a 69 383HP Polara 500 Convertible in Q5, they are fun cars.

Dave is absolutely right,..there were only a handful big block HP convertibles made.

Cool cars,....the car in question appears to be a very good deal in my opinion.

Wasn't your Polara 500 Q4?
Do you still have a photo of the broadcastsheet?

Carsten

That Monaco is on kijiji for at least 2 years ,...
I would bought it if it was a bigblock car.

Do we have eyes in the Montreal area?
$6850, whats that $5000 American?
No room, I'd make room.
Too far, nothing money can't fix.
Money? It would probably cost $1200-$1500 for me to get it home.

Alan
With the amount of freight slowing down so much you could probably get a good deal on a back-haul...I bet he would take a firm 5000 cdn with being winter now.

It would be cheaper for me to fly and drive back than to drive there and back, hauling something that way would probably break even. Simply having it transported would probably be the same.

Alan

I'm not sure what you are seeing, all I see are reflections of trees.
I emailed for more information, may call later.

Alan

Hi. My brother was interested in this car a year ago.He was sent lots of pictures showing lots of rust. Rockers, lower quarters both in front and behind wheel and ahead of the trunk lid as was mentioned. The underneath was also showing rust as well but hard to tell if there was any holes. At the time the lowest he would sell for was $6800.00.My brother didn't think it was worth even half of asking price given the amount of rust. Don't want anyone to think it is as good as it looks,far from it. Bobby

Don't want anyone to think it is as good as it looks,far from it. Bobby

This forum never ceases to amaze me at the amount of ready information on vehicles either seen before or aware of in the past. Truly a resource one should consult before making any purchase decision on a C body in North America and beyond. Thanks for heads up Bobby. Given exchange rates it still seems to be a good deal for one of the NorthEastern boys to take a run at given the rarity

Hi. My brother was interested in this car a year ago.He was sent lots of pictures showing lots of rust. Rockers, lower quarters both in front and behind wheel and ahead of the trunk lid as was mentioned. The underneath was also showing rust as well but hard to tell if there was any holes. At the time the lowest he would sell for was $6800.00.My brother didn't think it was worth even half of asking price given the amount of rust. Don't want anyone to think it is as good as it looks,far from it. Bobby

So I'm guessing this car was completely repainted. The rust on the dutchman's panel between the top and the trunk is almost standard for Fusies and doesn't look like much effort was put into smoothing the body work. The pics only show minor rust on the back of the driver rocker and the front of the passenger rocker. The bottom of the driver door doesn't look bad. Maybe he did some touch up after your brother looked at it and the rust is coming back through again? Not disputing what your brother saw, but what was your brother's expectations when looking at the car? Rust free? Looking at the job on the dutchman's panel, the other panels seem to be smoothed out much better.

Let me check the archive and I'll get back to you. It may have been Q4.

This one....? ( Q4 ).

6a01053657498b970c016768ba35a9970b-pi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back