69 newport mod top

furyus 67

Reaction score
Just found another c body. I couldnt get picks as my iphucked 4 wont do that anymore and Id rather buy car parts than another dumb phone. So what I've stumbled across is a 69 newport mod top. Idk if its a factory mod top. Its the gator print. 4 door hard top 383/727. The front and rear glass is gone, the hood has a couple of hammer wholes. Front and rear bumpers look good. Doors look decent minus the missing lower trim. Interior isnt totally torn up but its definitely used. Disk brake car. The guy wants 650 for it. I'm on the fence on purchasing it. Supposedly runs, Im just not sure what I can use for my fury. What say the c body guru's?
P.S. Ill drag my tablet to take pics if the interest dictates it.

He's shooting for a couple hundred bucks over the crusher, Around here we call that not a bad deal.

2 quarters for a yard bird isnt a bad deal either but I don't need a yard bird. Things I think I could use are : b pillar plastic, disk brakes,pedal assembly. Im not sure that warrants 650 tho. I realize the part out potential but then i get to sit on it for a while. Im trying to find more information on what i can use. Ive been poking around on some old threads on here. Glad the info and the knowledge holders are here!

Call one of the bone yards over there on Dort Hwy. and get a quote of what scrap iz going for this week. The Chinese are no longer in the market and the price of scrap steel price iz in the tank. You can use that #$ az ah bargaining chip. Just my .02, Jer

The funny thing barney is its at one of those bone yards, belongs to a guy that works there but doesnt want to part it out. Does any one know if the back seat will fit in my 67 fury? Im trying to justify it for the wife as much as that hurts my manhood to say. But it it was it is. I want a factory looking interior for the fury and color must be black.

The parts you want might interchange, but I wouldn't count on it. And a Modtop and Gator Grain aren't the same thing.

Buy it, jerk the breaks and engine plus whatever you need..... and scrap it. Probably break even and have some good parts.

the Chrysler won't have a mod top or gator grain.
The Chrysler only got the tortoise grain
Gator grain was only available on Dodge&Plymouth

the Chrysler won't have a mod top or gator grain.
The Chrysler only got the tortoise grain
Gator grain was only available on Dodge&Plymouth

Sorry, I was speaking of MoPars in general. :sSig_thanks:

Not to worry.
Anbody that knows "Boom-Boom" Bob would never try to shoot him.
His return fire is a *****.

pennwell.web.420.315.jpg

I'm gonna go talk to the guy next week after the newyorker gets picked up. I'm still not at 650 with it hopefully he'll budge a little.

Not to worry.
Anbody that knows "Boom-Boom" Bob would never try to shoot him.
His return fire is a *****.

pennwell.web.420.315.jpg

That's a M109. Very impressive.... 155mm, 95 lb projectile plus powder.

I had M110A2's. 203mm. A 4 square conventional projectile is 205 lbs plus powder, a fuse and a primer. This is a one of my actual pictures before digital camera's.

M110A2 Howitzer.jpg

M110-203mm.jpg

M110A2 Howitzer.jpg

M110-203mm.jpg

Back