For Sale $6k will put your favorite shellfish on wheels ('72 Newp in KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys for real? What don't you get about this car? Baffled? No something else maybe...There is nothing "fishy" here with this car.
Okay, I will bite, should I know everything on the planet about Cbodies because I play with some? All I did was query what I saw, having never seen such a thing before. Obviously someone would end up explaining without getting their underwear into a knot As for the fishy comment, it's called a pun since the advertiser called it a "mussel" car.

No...you guys don't like reality and people who won't put up with your nonsense
Thank you -that is a wonderful compliment from yuse guys.
Are you calling on the car?
I have a friend in KC on business, should i send them over with a deposit?

As you all have no clue who i am - this is so much fun.
Lot's of you might know me...I have been around a long time - at one time long ago I was very visible in the mopar world.

At the risk of having you put in a bad word for me in the "mopar world",
You just sound like another *******, high on his first amendment.

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.jpg

I am getting a bit of front end envy I have to admit. It sure does sit nice from the side view in the shop. I’ve got a 72 so I’m always on the lookout for Newport’s in yards movies ect. I did see a terrible B horror flick about giant ants that featured Alan Hale jr (giligan’s Island) as the town sherif. It looked an awful lot like this car. But as in B movies it was very dark lighting, but it was a 72 squad which left me scratching my head.

Last edited:
Are you guys for real? What don't you get about this car? Baffled? No something else maybe...There is nothing "fishy" here with this car.
Chrysler Newport's were not regular cop cars, so a C body cop car would have to be a special order car. Some one had connections back then to get this built.
A sales order # K15898 "K" police sales order number prefix plus a Y39 for special order equals a police car!
This is a Jefferson Rd plant car. Little is known about this factory's fender tag protocols as they differed from plant to plant. One of you experts must have have studied these tags? Well?
How about the 1972 police car literature?
Does it show the Chrysler Newport?
What we do know is those engine and trans code are a for a special engine and transmission!
T code is a 440 but the E99 special order 440 supersedes the "T".
D99 is a special order 727

I like the information that you provided. I didn’t know what the 99 codes meant either. If you had just provided the information and said “according to” and then cited your sources, you probably would have received a lot of Likes and Thanks. The problem isn’t the information that you provided. The problem is the box of hate that you delivered it in. Putting people down for not knowing what you know is not the right thing to do. When people don’t know what you know, the best thing to do is respectfully speak to inform. If you do that, you’ll effectively share information, make friends, and gain respect yourself.

I like the information that you provided. I didn’t know what the 99 codes meant either. If you had just provided the information and said “according to” and then cited your sources, you probably would have received a lot of Likes and Thanks. The problem isn’t the information that you provided. The problem is the box of hate that you delivered it in. Putting people down for not knowing what you know is not the right thing to do. When people don’t know what you know, the best thing to do is respectfully speak to inform. If you do that, you’ll effectively share information, make friends, and gain respect yourself.

He can't, never has. He only dumps on everyone here.

I'm pretty sure that's the same problem every Bond villain has...

So what are we all thinking here? A special order for civilian use? I guess it’s like ordering a plane Jane police charger from the dealership cause your basically getting the r/t package at a taxi cab interior discount. I didn’t see the huge alternator or p/s cooling fins ect. Chrysler squads are always a mystery.

For some reason certain people have an arrogance that is not earned.I think stephen hawking had that crown.I,ve collected other things and have run into that before.It,s really annoying.But the rest of you guys are great.Commando,does kitty get a ride in the new yorker? B .Brummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back